TERI’s Course on Nuclear Energy and Law
A Certificate Course on “Nuclear Energy and Law” is being conducted at TERI University, New Delhi. It is being organized by Nuclear Law Association, India, and TERI University, New Delhi and will be held from March 6- March, 11, 2017 at the University Campus.
The objective of the NLA-TU Winter Course is to familiarise the participants with:
- the basic understanding of nuclear science and technology
- the legal history and international engagement, with a focus on Global South;
- the IAEA – its history, codes and guidelines, and international nuclear treaties;
- regulatory structures and liability regimes of select jurisdictions; and
- India’s nuclear laws and regulatory processes, siting and consent procedures, environmental law and judicial decisions in India.
Study Trip to Narora Nuclear Power Plant
In association with the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd. (NPCIL), a technical study trip to the Narora Nuclear Power Plant in UP is planned. The trip is only for Indian nationals. Participation is maximum at 35.
- Lawyers, legal advisers, law faculty and researchers;
- Nuclear scientists, policy makers, and officials from various nuclear institutions;
- Representatives from regulatory institutions and company professionals;
- Social science researchers and faculty; and
- PhD students; and 4th and 5th year law students.
Fees for 6-day course:
- Rs. 25,000 per person.
- Rs 60,000 for three persons from the same organization.
- Rs. 10,000 for NLA members and Rs. 7500 for students.
The fee includes – lunch and tea for the duration of the course, the course materials and travel to the Narora Nuclear Power Plant. Accommodation is not covered.
Limited numbers of single (Rs. 500/-) and shared rooms (Rs. 250/-) available per day near the University campus. Interested participants may contact course coordinator.
NLA provides scholarships in the form of full tuition fee waiver to deserving candidates from South Asia and South East Asia. Candidates are requested to write to the course coordinator.
For further details please click here.