Content Writer Vacancy at Nyaaya
Nyaaya is a legal-tech initiative, created by the Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy and ideated by Rohini Nilekani, to make India's laws easier to understand.
Nyaaya mission is to provide an accessible, intuitive, and user-friendly platform to explain the law on various topics, and we are looking for passionate content writers with a legal background who want to contribute.
The Content Writer will be responsible for sourcing and quality-control of the legal content on the website. Your primary task will be to manage systems to ensure fast-paced content development, while ensuring quality and accuracy of the final content. You will be:
- Involved in and informing prioritization of legal topics
- Working with researchers, interns and volunteers to isolate relevant acts, portions of laws/rules/regulations, judgements etc relevant to a topic
- Identifying areas of explanations, questions, legal definitions and actionable checklists for content development of a topic
- Writing plain language summaries and guidelines
Place: This is a Delhi based position, but we are open to remote working arrangements if you can make your case well enough.
- A minimum of a graduate degree in law and 2+ years of work experience.
- A demonstrable interest in new legal ventures, particularly with respect to citizen engagement.
- Fluency (particularly, in writing) in any Indian language will be considered a plus.
- Previous experience with web technologies will be considered a plus.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team.
What’s in it for you?
- Working in a small dynamic team where equal importance is given to different functions across tech, content, design, and marketing.
- A non-hierarchical work environment and opportunities to ideate solutions and execute them.
- Make a positive impact in transforming the relation between the law and people interacting with it.
Salary: will be competitive and commensurate with experience and relevant qualifications, in the range of Rs.65k-75k per month.
How to Apply?
Fire in your CV, and a writing sample of your work to email@example.com
Last date for applications is 25th November. Please mention the role applied for in the subject of the mail.