Parantapa Sciences invites applications for the post of Human Rights Litigator. The purpose of the role is to increase convictions and engage with the relevant stakeholders within the legal ecosystem.
About Parantapa Sciences: Parantapa Sciences works towards solving complex problems using a data driven, community led, and design-based approach. We develop multi-disciplinary solutions across analytics, social science, community development, marketing, legal and other areas to solve multi layered social issues.
Name of the Post: Human Rights Litigator
No. of Post: 01
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- B.A. LL.B. or Master's Degree, Bar Council License holder
- Should have some experience in representing human trafficking victims. Alternatively have experience in criminal litigation.
- Knowledge of POCSO, ITPA, CRPC, IPC & all relevant laws.
- Having litigation experience related to criminal economic offenses is desired but not mandatory.
Critical Skills and Qualities
- Proficient in Marathi
- Those who are empathic and put the needs of the victims at the forefront. In addition, provide the requisite support to victims through the grueling litigation process.
Roles and Responsibilities
Some of the key roles and responsibilities associated with the post include:
- Represent all case proceedings including and not limited to bail, pre-trial, trial, appeal hearings, custody hearings, trial proceedings, and assist the public prosecutor when required.
- Conduct legal research and prepare written briefs used to develop case strategy and ensure the current strategy complies with the law.
- Draft applications, petitions, and closing arguments to support the public prosecutor in all cases as well as other referral cases.
- Advice and train government authorities, aftercare homes and other partners on legal issues related to commercial sexual exploitation.
Application to be sent at: [email protected] or [email protected]