Pondicherry University's National Conference on Upholding Justice (Mar 2‐3, 2018)
Pondicherry University will hold a 2-day national conference on 'Role of Law Enforcement Authorities and Government in Upholding Justice' from March 2 to 3.
Venue: Convention-cum-Cultural Complex, opposite PEC, ECR Road, Kalapet
- Contribution of political parties in the welfare of the society
- Protection of rights of men, women, children, aged and differently-abled persons
- Protection of rights of socio-economically backward people
- Access of poor people to justice: The role of Legal Aid Services
- Challenges for police in maintaining law and order, in crime investigation and disposal of cases
- Challenges for judiciary in timely disposal of cases
- Court room management
- Ethics in criminal justice system
- Responsibilities of law practitioners in maintaining law and justice
- Role of public in ensuring peace and harmony
- Accountability of the law enforcement agencies and government officials while discharging their duties
- Strengthening community policing
- Challenges caused by false complaints and political turmoil situation for police
- Community perception about law enforcement agencies
The organizing committee invites papers for the technical sessions based on themes outlined for the conference. The paper should be original and should not have been published or presented previously.
Interested participants must submit an abstract (within 200 – 250 words) in the MS word format, by soft copy to the Organizing Secretary not later than January 30, 2018.
The length of full paper length should be within 15-20 pages. Short-listed abstracts will be published in the form of a proceeding. Co-authorship is allowed but limited to two.
E-mail ID for submission of soft copy: email@example.com.
- For local academicians: Rs. 1500
- For students /Ph.D. scholars: Rs.1000
- Accommodation: Rs.2000
For further details and the registration form, click here.