SC gets 12 new Senior Advocates; includes 8 retired judges and 3 women lawyers
In the Full Court meeting presided by Chief Justice P Sathasviam, on 3rd September, 2013 Supreme Court has designated eight retried High Court Judges and four Advocates on Record as Senior Advocates. Among the four AOR’s, three of them are women.
Among the retired judges, two each are from High Courts of Madhya Pradesh and Allahabad. One each is from High Courts of Calcutta, Kerala, Madras and Andhra Pradesh. The complete list of newly designated Senior Advocates is available below.
- S N Aggarwal – High Court of Madhya Pradesh
- Parthasakha Datta – High Court of Calcutta
- Ashok Kumar Roopanwal – High Court of Allahabad
- Yogendra Kumar Sangal – High Court of Allahabad
- P R Raman – High Court of Kerala
- G Bhavani Prasad –High Court of Andhra Pradesh
- Vinod K Sharma – High Court of Madras
- Rakesh Chandra Mishra –High Court of Madhya Pradesh
- Meenakshi Arora –Advocate-On-Record
- Kiran Suri – Advocate-On-Record
- Vibha Datta Makhija – Advocate-On-Record
- Sushil Kumar Jain – Advocate-On-Record