2nd Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam National Legal Essay Competition – 2017
Legal Aid & Awareness is essential for just and proper society as well as effective judicial system. Article 39A of the Constitution of India provides for equal justice and free legal aid. There have been significant developments in the area of legal and awareness in last one year in India. Looking at these changes, theme of the 2nd edition has been chosen aptly. This competition will result in very good quality essays deliberating various issues & challenges with regards to legal aid and awareness in India.
Theme: Legal Aid & Awareness in India: Issues & Challenges
Who can apply?
- The Competition is open only for LL.B., LL.M. & Ph.D. students studying in any of the recognized Law Schools / Colleges / Departments of the Universities in India.
- No Co-authorship is allowed.
Certificate, Cash prizes & Memento will be given to best three essays.
- First Rank: INR 5,000,
- Second Rank: INR 3,000 &
- Third Rank: INR 2,000.
In case of tie, essay will be sent for further evaluation to experts. All participants will be given an e-certificate of participation for submission of essay.
- Essay should be original (not published earlier or extracted from other sources) in English, 5000 to 7000 thousand words including footnotes and references (end note).
- Title of the page should carry all details like name, affiliation, email id, mobile no. of the participants.
- Students should also send scanned copy of a valid ID card along with the essay.
- Essay Format link Click Here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_2SgOFKMzOvUy02bWdfU2g4OHc
- Essay to be sent in word file to email id firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 15, 2017.
- All good quality essays will be published in the form of a book/journal/magazine/electronic resource or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate, subject to sufficient number of essays.
- All entries shall be deemed to be the property of the organizer.
- Organizer has complete discretion about publication of essay in any form.
- Essays will be judged by faculties from elite law institutions in India based on parameters like content, flow of presentation, critical & innovating thinking, reference, language etc.
Note: Result of the competition will be declared on December 25, 2017
For any further information or clarification, please contact,
Dr. Kalpeshkumar L Gupta
Founder – ProBono India
Surat 394221, Gujarat
Mob: +91 99248 97691 or E-mail: email@example.com
Website : – www.probono-india.in