Call for Papers: Cholamandal IP’s Environmental Law Research Paper Competition
Cholamandal IP invites law college students, law researchers and legal professionals across India to write Research Papers on a unique Environmental Law issue – Cholamandal IP want you to recognize one specific environmental issue or problem that may happen in the near future. To elaborate, recognize trends that are contributing towards a serious environmental issue that may disrupt the lives of people and harm their health, including that of the environment, if they are not stopped or actions are not taken soon to check the damage.
Research on this issue by considering the environmental and legal aspects of it. This topic will take considerable research as you will be working to identify possible environmental issues that have not happened yet, but are foreseeable due to the blatant environmental disregard and non-adherence to environmental laws.
It is advisable that you research on such an environmental issue in your local area or area of residence. It could be an environmental breach that affects the soil, land, water, air, thermal, industrial, noise, light, human and animal health, biodiversity etc. This competition is for the welfare of the country and the efforts of the applicants will make a small step into ensuring that an issue such as the toxic smog issue in Delhi, UP and Haryana does not take place in the near future.
- Firstly, email with your details and a short brief on the topic of your proposes Research Paper or Article. Only Applicants who are seriously interested in Environmental Law and want to contribute judiciously should apply. This competition is not a CV-building exercise but a serious assignment.
- Authors are requested to adhere to following word limit: Long Research Papers: 4000-6000 words (excluding footnotes) OR Short Research Papers: 2000-3000 words (excluding footnotes) OR Short Articles: 500-1000 words (excluding footnotes).
- A uniform style of the citation must be strictly adhered to while submitting the paper.
- The content of the Research Papers should be original and no plagiarized material will be selected for publication. Only full papers submitted on or before the deadline shall be considered for publication.
- Co-authorship of two applicants is allowed. One of the authors is required to be a college student, while the other may be a legal practitioner.
All manuscripts submitted shall accompany:
A cover letter with the Name(s) of the Author(s), Institution/Affiliation, the Title of the Manuscript and Contact Information including an Email Address and Mobile Number; an abstract of the Research Paper and the Research Paper in pdf format.
Send to Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Cholamandal IP Environmental Law Research Paper”.
- First Prize (Best Research Paper):Cash Prize + Essay will be published on the firm’s website (www.cholamandalip.com) + Certificate of Merit + Internship Opportunity at Cholamandal IP
- Second Prize:Essay will be published on the firm’s website (www.cholamandalip.com) + Certificate of Merit + Internship Opportunity at Cholamandal IP
- Third Prize:Essay will be published on the firm’s website (www.cholamandalip.com) + Certificate of Merit + Internship for Internship at Cholamandal IP
- Top Ten Entries:Internship for Interview at Cholamandal IP
- Publication will be available on www.cholamandalip.com
For Query Contact:
Call on 044 45016444 regarding your query between 11 am and 5 pm on weekdays. Alternatively, email on email@example.com.
Deadline: December 31, 2017.