Indian National Bar Association (INBA) Celebrates 68th Constitution Day By Hosting 6th Annual In’tl Conference
To coincide with the 68th Indian Constitution Day celebrations, the Indian National Bar Association (INBA) hosted its 6th Annual International Conference titled ‘68th Constitution Day’ at The Shangri-La, Eros Hotel, New Delhi, on November 25.
The annual event this year attracted over 400 dignitaries, leaders, researches, advocates, practitioners, government officials, policy makers, CEOs, general counsels and heads of the legal department of various MNCs and Indian companies. The attendance at the event drew participants from at least eight countries and four continents.
The 2017 edition of INBA’s annual international conference brought together over 30 speakers from some of today’s leading organisations — both national and international. Through keynote sessions, panel discussions and roundtables, the event offered an array of inspiration, insight and insider tips that enabled attendees to increase their influence across their company’s decision-making processes.
The INBA got the patronage of the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, to exhibit the ‘Make in India’ logo of the lion, which is now synonymous with India for making it an international destination for investment by all concerned, as also the StartUp India & Digital India logos.
The keynote address was delivered by Leidylin Contreras, Deputy Director, Directorate of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Industry and Commerce, Dominican Republic, and Chief Justice of New South Wales Thomas Frederick Bathurst, AC.
Kaviraj Singh, INBA secretary-general, while giving the vote of thanks at the inaugural highlighted the activities of the Indian National Bar Association.
S Ramaswamy, chairperson of the general counsel section of INBA, read out the Preamble of the Constitution of India in remembrance ‘to prompt us to reflect upon and renew our pledge to protect, preserve and enhance the values enshrined in our Constitution’.
The inauguration was followed by a book launch of State of Women Entrepreneurship in India by advocate Kanchan Khatana.
In an award ceremony, the following were winners for 2017 in their respective categories:
- In-house counsel of the Year-Litigation- Amber Gupta, Head Legal & Company Secretary, Birla Sun Life Insurance Company Limited
- Emerging Women In-house Counsel of the Year- Legal & Regulatory – Sheetal Sawhney Kapur, Regional In-house Counsel, Google India
- Emerging In-house Counsel of the Year – Risk Management – Rajat Rashmi, Senior Counsel, Cognizant, Dubai
- Emerging Law firm of the Year – S.K. Singhi & Co.LLP
- Emerging In-house Counsel of the Year Compliance – Supriya Mitra Majumdar, General Counsel, JK Technosoft Ltd
- Emerging In-house Counsel of the Year – Sachin Kalra, Head Legal, Bharti AXA Life Insurance Co Ltd
- In-house Counsel of the Year IPR- Lakshika Joshi, Lead IP Counsel, Global & AVP -Legal, Aricent
- In-house Counsel of the Year Health Care- Lalit Khanna, Vice President – Legal, Max Healthcare Institute Limited
- In-house Counsel of the Year Real Estate- Manish Lamba, Bharti Realty
- Legal News portal of the Year – LiveLaw.in
- Emerging Women Lawyer of the Year – Cyber Law – Puneet Bhasin, Cyber Law Expert
- IPR Lawyer of the Year – Santanu Mukherjee, Advocate & Head of Chambers, Ex Lege Chambers
- Women In-house Counsel of the Year Cyber Law -Meenu Chandra, IP Attorney, Microsoft
- Women Lawyer of the Year- Meenakshi Arora, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India
- Contribution in the legal field from Corporate Sector- S Ramaswamy, Founder, Medha Advisors & Chair, General Counsel Section, INBA.
- Rising In-house Counsel of the Year- Ratika Kanwar, Deputy General Manager – Legal, Bharti Realty Limited
- Emerging Woman In-house Counsel of the Year – Data Privacy – Rachkee Biswas, Global Legal Head, Mindtree
- In-house Counsel of the Year – Data Privacy – Aditi Jha, General Counsel, LinkedIn
- General Counsel of the Year – Banking – Dr Rajeev Uberoi, General Counsel, IDFC Bank
- Technology Lawyer of the Year – GV Anand Bhushan, Senior Partner – Chennai Head, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co
- M&A Lawyer of the Year – Satyajit Gupta, Principal Advocate, Advaita Legal
- Emerging In-house Counsel of the Year- E Commerce – Panduranga Acharya, General Manager – Legal, Swiggy
- Emerging Law Firm of the Year – Litigation, Yash Mishra, Founder, Alliance Law Group
- Law Student of the Year – Rahul Kumar, Student, Chanakya National Law University, Patna
- Emerging In-house Counsel of the Year – Public Policy – Pranav Mehra, Principal Legal Counsel, Snapdeal
- In-house Counsel of the Year – Telecom – Sameer Chugh, Director – Legal & Regulatory, Airtel
- Emerging Woman In-house Counsel of the Year-Damandeep Kaur, Head Legal, Intelenet Global Services
- In-house Counsel of the Year – Technology & IP Management – Subhadip Sarkar, Assistant Vice President, Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Women Lawyer of the Year – Namita Chadha, Founder and Managing Partner, Chadha & Co.
- Special Mention Accolade – Karan Gupta, Student of NALSAR, Hyderabad
- Special Mention Accolade – Avani Mishra, Student of National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- IPR Law firm of the Year- Singh & Singh LLP
- Emerging Young Lawyer of the Year – Advocate Ashish Dixit
The awards were presented by Justice Sangita Dhingra Sehgal, judge, High Court of Delhi, and Chief Justice of New South Wales Thomas Frederick Bathurst, AC