JILIR 2nd Essay Writing Competition, 2018
Journal of Indian Law and International Relations (JILIR) is a legal journal started with an aim to provide an avenue for the expression of views of people belonging to the field of law. In the present globalized scenario, it is necessary for people belonging to other fields to understand the importance, impact, and the image of law as it can affect the public at large when taken as a whole and group of individuals when viewed in parts.
The Journal of Indian Laws and International Relations extends a warm and gracious welcome to promote legal knowledge and awareness in the society, through 2nd JILIR Essay Writing Competition.
Essay Writing Topics:
- Two Indian parties opting for a foreign-seated arbitration.
- Third Party Funding in Indian and International Arbitration.
- Critical Analysis of India’s Model BIT.
- Impact of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) in India.
- Need of legislation for regulating Bitcoins in India.
- Conflict between Lex Arbitri and Proper Law of Contract as seat of arbitration (Supreme Court judgments of NTPC and Sumitomo)
- Critical Analysis of Independence and Impartiality of Arbitrators.
- Character Merchandising.
Who can apply?
The Participation is open to all the undergraduate/postgraduate students who are pursuing legal education in any institution and scholars/academicians in India.
- Single Author- INR 250
- Co-Authorship- INR 400
- The essay should be original, not exceeding 2500 words (excluding citations) and should be in English.
- Co-Authorship is permitted to the maximum of two persons. Any form of plagiarism will lead to rejection of the essay submitted for the competition.
- The submissions for the competition must be mailed in Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’) as an attachment to email@example.com the subject ‘2nd Essay Writing Competition 2018’ on or before 5th of July, 2018.
- The submissions made in PDF/other formats/hard copy will not be accepted. Notwithstanding anything the late submissions shall be rejected outright.
- The body of the email must mention the name of the author(s), contact number, academic qualifications, institutional affiliation, title of the essay, and a declaration to the affect that the essay is original.
The top three (3) entries shall be awarded with a trophy, certificate of merit, and attractive prizes. There shall also be a certificate for merit for the 4th & 5th Position.
Registration & Submission:
- Single Author: Rs. 250
- Co-Author: Rs. 400
- Last Date for Registration: 20thJune, 2018
- Last date for submission of Essay: 5thJuly, 2018 before 11:59 PM
Bank Account: Aniket Dhwaj Singh, State Bank of India, A/C NO: 33964914855, IFSC CODE: SBIN0016612
For any queries contact:
Aniket Dhwaj Singh – 9661993926
Anuraag Mitra – 7060474276