LexQuest’s 1st National Environmental Law Essay Writing Competition, 2018
Having successfully organized four National Essay Writing Competitions in the past, to promote original legal writing and research work in the field of law, LexQuest is delighted to bring to you the first edition of its National Environmental Law Essay Writing Competition.
LexQuest hereby invites you to put forward your views on the relation between public participation and the implementation of environmental laws and how this may translate into good environmental governance with the theme of this year: “Role of Public in Environmental Governance in India”.
Any student pursuing any undergraduate, postgraduate or professional course in any recognized University/College in India.
Guidelines and Rules:
- The Essay must be written in English.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
- The essay shall not be plagiarized. Only the original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay. The participants will submit a separate undertaking with regard to originality of work.
- Copyright of the Essays shall rest with the organizers. Organizers hold the right to republish the essays if required.
- Identification mark (name or any mark which identifies the author) must not be found in any part of the essay.
- The Participants must submit their essay via e-mail only, with the following attachments:
- Essay in MS Word format with the subject “Essay Writing Competition”.
- Cover page containing Name, Nationality, Address, E-mail ID, Contact Number and Name of the College/University of the Participant.
Length of the Essay:
- The submission shall consist of an Abstract, Essay and Bibliography.
- The abstract should not be of more than 250 words including title and keywords.
- The length of the essay should be between 1800 to 2000 words.
Following our eternal “Everyone Wins Something” policy, LexQuest is giving prizes to all the participants in the following manner:
- Guaranteed prize: Discount coupon worth 200/- INR for any one of our courses (Nontransferable), and a certificate of appreciation, to all the participants.
- 3rd position: Cash prize worth 500/- INR, discount coupon worth 400/- INR for any one of our courses, and a certificate of appreciation.
- 2nd position: Cash prize worth 1000/- INR, discount coupon worth 400/- INR for any one of our courses, and a certificate of appreciation.
- 1st position: Cash prize worth 2000/- INR, discount coupon worth 400/- INR for any one of our courses, and a certificate of appreciation.
- Best five essays will be published on our website.
- All the participants will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Registration fee is 200/- INR only. Special early bird registration fee for first 30 participants is 150/- INR only.
- NOTE: All queries and submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org only, with the subject: “LexQuest 1st National Environmental Law Essay Writing Competition, 2018”.
Registration form click here
- Deadline for registration: 28th February, 2018
- Deadline for submission: 31st March, 2018
For more information click here