Limited Insolvency Examination (2nd Edn.): 01.07.2017 – 30.06.2018
The second edition of Limited Insolvency Examination will commence from 01.07.2017 and continue till 30.06.2018. The first edition of the examination commenced from 31.12.2016 and will continue till 30.06.2017.
This is an online examination which provides candidates two hours to solve 90 multiple choice questions. The candidates will be evaluated out of a total of 100 marks. There is no negative marking for the examination and will be made available to the candidates at more than 100 places across the country from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
In order to successfully enroll for the examination, the candidates require an Aadhar or PAN card and an examination fee of Rs. 1000 needs to be paid at www.nism.ac.in.
Further details regarding the syllabus and format of the examination can be accessed here (http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=161897).
- Syllabus for Examination
|Sl. No||Coverage||Weight (%)|
|a.||The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016||25|
|b.||Rules and Regulations under the Bankruptcy Code (All Rules and Regulations notified under the Code till 31st March, 2017)||28|
|c.||(I) The Companies Act, 2013|
(II) The Partnership Act, 1932, and
|d.||(I) The Indian Contracts Act,|
(II) Transfer of Property Act, 1882;
|e.||(I) The Recovery of Debts due to Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 1993;|
(II) The Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interests Act, 2002; and
(III) Corporate Debt Restructuring Scheme, Strategic Debt Restructuring, and Scheme for Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets (S4A) (of RBI)
|f.||General Awareness (Constitution, Economy, Financial Markets and Rights of Workmen)||04|
|g.||Finance and Accounts|
(Corporate Finance, and Financial Analysis)
|h.||Case Study / Case Laws (Cases on Corporate Insolvency Resolution, Corporate Liquidation, Fresh Start, Individual Insolvency Resolution and Individual Bankruptcy.) These can be real / hypothetical cases based on the application of the code or similar situations created based on actual cases under IBC, 2016. There will be two comprehension narrating case situation and there will be five questions based on each case carrying two marks each..||20|
This syllabus is valid for examinations conducted from 1st July, 2017 to 30th June, 2018.
- Format of Examination
The format of examination is as under:
- The examination will be conducted online (computer-based in a proctored environment); with objective multiple choice questions;
- The duration of the examination will be two hours;
- A candidate will be required to answer 90 questions in two hours for a total of 100 marks;
- There will be negative marking of 25% of the marks assigned for the question;
- Passing mark for the examination is 60%;
- Passing candidates will be awarded a certificate by the Board;
- A candidate will be issued a temporary mark sheet on submission of examination paper; and
- No workbook or study material will be provided.
III. Frequency of Examination
The frequency of Examination is as under:
- The examination will be available from 100 + locations in the country;
- The examination will be available from 1st July, 2017 between 9:30 AM and 5:30 PM;
- A candidate needs to enroll for examination at www.nism.ac.in. He needs to select IBBI-Limited Insolvency Examination and enroll himself for the examination by choosing the time, the day and the examination centre for his examination;
- A candidate needs to provide PAN and Aadhaar to enroll for the examination; and
- A candidate needs to pay examination fee of Rs.1000 (Rupees one thousand only) online on every enrollment.