Vacancy at GSFC ,Officer (Legal) – For Project Development
GSFC is a multi-location, multi-product company with pan India marketing presence. GSFC have grown from providing just fertilizers to having a product mix that ranges from chemicals to energy. GSFC promoted a number of companies that contribute to the national economy in sectors of power, port, education, agro, etc. Continuing the tradition of serving the community in multiple ways, as part of CSR initiative, ‘GSFC University’ was established to provide quality education in the field of engineering & management. GSFC Limited invites application for Officer (Legal) – For Project Development
Posts: Officer (Legal) – For Project Development
Essential: Full-time 5 years integrated course in Law, preferably from a National Law University.
Preferable:Additional qualification of Company Secretary will have an added advantage.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant post-qualification experience
Age: not more than 30 years as on 09/08/2017.
Age and experience may be relaxed for exceptionally good candidates
Overall Objective: Provide all kinds of legal assistance in existing and upcoming projects along with strategic alliances.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Draft, negotiate and review instruments necessary for Projects (e.g. – Request for Proposals, Term Sheets, Memorandum of Understanding, Confidentiality Agreements, Joint Venture Agreement, Shareholders’ Agreement, Service Contracts, various Undertakings etc.);
- Undertake legal due diligence of any party with whom organization may consider establishing any kind of business relation;
- Understand and demonstrate rights and liabilities (including risk assessment) of the organization from a legal and holistic perspective at every stage of the Project. This needs the candidate to be regularly updated with the changes taking place in both national and international laws;
- Analyze every instrument with an eye towards reducing costs and increasing profits, while ensuring compliance with applicable laws;
- Prepare and manage databases with details of time bound instruments which may need regular review, updating, amendments or termination; Regularly follow-up with underperforming contractors to find suitable solutions for the organization e.g. – invocation of bank guarantees, imposing liquidated damages or termination of contract, as and when necessary;
- Prepare template and guidelines for non-legal stakeholders in the organization for better understanding of documents and reduction of time loss in multiple communications;
- Get familiar with the existing accounting procedures of the organization in order to formulate appropriate terms in the instruments.
- Specialization in laws of contract and corporate laws;
- Excellent communication skills (oral as well as written);
- Cost consciousness;
- Keen attention to detail, with an ability to spot errors;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners;
- Knowledge of arbitration act, rules and procedures;
- Exposure to cases pertaining to violation in implementation of contractual terms.
Location:Within Gujarat in any unit of the company
Additional Information: The recruit shall be required to execute Service Agreement of Rs. 1,00,000/- to serve the Company for a period of 3 years.
For official notification click here