Vidhi Centre For Legal Policy Is Organizing Team-Based Competition On Policy Change: ‘Blockchain Technology’
Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance.
Vidhi Policy Challenge
Vidhi is organising a team-based competition where participants propose a legal and/or policy solution that focuses on ‘Blockchain Technology’. The topics may include:
- Financial applications of Blockchain Technology
- The use of Blockchain Technology for identity management
- Using Blockchain Technology to improve governance and democratic processes
The above mentioned sub-themes are illustrative in nature and not exhaustive. Participants are encouraged to choose one of these or any other sub-theme within the broad category of ‘Blockchain Technology.’
Who can apply?
- Teams of two (2) students enrolled in a 3-year/5-year law course of a recognized university.
- Individual entries will not be entertained.
- This competition is open to students currently in the 3rd, 4th or 5th year of a five year integrated law course or in the final year of a three-year LL.B. course.
Stage 1: 28 October 2017 – 11:59 pm
- Deadline for submission of Proposal. Top ten (10) teams will be selected for stage 2 & 3 – Decisions will be communicated by 6 November 2017.
Stage 2: 24 November 2017 – 11:59 pm
- Deadline for submission of Policy Brief and Presentation for the ten (10) shortlisted teams.
Stage 3: 1 December 2017 – 2 pm onwards (India International Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi)
- Presentation and Defence of Policy Brief.
- First Prize: The winners of this challenge will be offered a 4 week internship with Vidhi
- Second Prize: The runners-up shall receive a cash prize of INR 20,000.
- Centre for Legal Policy and a cash prize of INR 30,000.
- All ten (10) shortlisted teams will receive a certificate of participation.
For queries and applications to email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For submission of proposals and Brochure click here
For poster click here