Gujarat HC Permits Double-Sided Printing On Administrative Side [Read Circular]
After Supreme Court, the Gujarat High Court has now permitted double-sided printing on papers in 15 areas of working in the Registry.
As per the official circular issued on Thursday, the Standing Committee of the High Court under the leadership of Chief Justice Justice Vikram Nath has instructed the Registry to implement double sided printing in the following areas:
- Judges' copies of causelist;
- Court Masters' copies of causelist;
- Copy of causelist kept as office copy by the Judicial branch;
- Agenda notes of meetings of various committees;
- Submission notes placed at all levels including the Chief Justice and all the Judges;
- Statistical information printed by the Judicial / administrative branch;
- Annexures of notices/writs;
- Copies of orders/ judgments;
- Correspondence with District Courts / Government bodies;
- Internal communications in the registry;
- RTI replies orders in RTI appeals;
- Office orders/ circular/guidelines/reports;
- Case status copy given from the enquiry counter.
The Heads of the Department have been advised to actively encourage double sided printing for paper savings in any other areas of the working of the Registry.
The agenda notes of the highest level of the meetings of Standing Committee / Full Court Committee have been decided to be circulated in PDF e-book format with index & bookmarks.
Even the District Judiciary Heads have been instructed to take initiatives for savings of paper as much as possible by ensuring double sided printing in their work.
Last week, the SC had permitted double-sided printing on A4 sheets in all the filings in the SC.