"Use Ayurveda Medicines In Govt. & Pvt. Hospitals To Treat COVID Patients": IA Filed In Suo Moto COVID Matter Before Gujarat High Court
An Intervention Application has been moved before Gujarat High Court in the suo motu proceedings initiated by it to take stock of the surge in COVID-19 cases in the state of Gujarat. The Intervention Application has been moved by Petitioner in person, Advocate Nimish Mahendra Kapadia submitting that Ayurvedic Medicines are helpful in preventing the infection and also in curing...
An Intervention Application has been moved before Gujarat High Court in the suo motu proceedings initiated by it to take stock of the surge in COVID-19 cases in the state of Gujarat.
The Intervention Application has been moved by Petitioner in person, Advocate Nimish Mahendra Kapadia submitting that Ayurvedic Medicines are helpful in preventing the infection and also in curing the patients from COVID-19 infection.
Further, stressing that such medicines also reduce the financial burden of the State Authorities as well as of the citizens, the IA states
"It is noticed that a very less thrust is given to the distribution and use of Ayurvedic Medicines. Wide publicity is required to be given for using Ayurvedic Medicines and for giving Ayurvedic treatment in the hospitals."
Other averments in the IA
- There is a requirement of more Railway coaches and that too, at all major affected cities/towns of Gujarat to reduce the burden of increasing medical facilities upon the State Government.
- Several police cases are registered against the black-market of Remdesivir injections and other drugs. More stringent actions are called for like preventive detention under PASA, PBM, NSA, with wide publicity in media.
- The role of private hospitals in misusing and selling Remdesivir injections or drugs in the black market may also be directed to be investigated by specialized government agencies.
- Youngsters having no co-morbidity who underwent COVID-19 successfully are not likely to get reinfected for a particular period and may be willing to work as volunteers in COVID care centres and hospitals, however, they are not permitted to enter into such places. A decision to invite such people, with or without remuneration may be helpful to reduce the working hours and stress of medical fraternity.
- The respondent authorities may consider having a decision that each Hospital should have its own independent oxygen plant, so that thousands of lives can be saved in the present wave as well as in the next wave
In this backdrop, the intervention application prays thus:
- -Direct the respondents to increase the number of railway coaches for COVID care and that too at all major railway stations of Gujarat;
- -Direct the respondents to create all reasonable facilities at all government hospitals for establishing the contacts among the patients and their relatives;
- -Direct the respondents to consider the aspect of preventive detention against the black marketeers of Remdesivir and other drugs and of oxygen;
- -Direct the respondents to consider taking help of private citizens in COVID care centres and hospitals on appropriate terms and conditions;
- -Direct the respondents to use Ayurvedic Medicines in all government hospitals and to encourage the same in all private hospitals;
- -Direct the respondents to consider making mandatory for all the hospitals giving COVID care in Gujarat to establish oxygen plant within the stipulated time.