14th Surana & Surana International Technology Law Moot Court & Judgment Writing Competition, 2015
With the aim of creating awareness of the latest technological developments and providing a platform for development of skills required for addressing the techno-legal issues arising out of it, Symbiosis Law School, Pune, in association with Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai announces the 14th Surana & Surana International Technology Law Moot Court & Judgment Writing Competition, 2015.
This year’s case is set on issues relating to International Technology Agreement, Nanotechnology, its medical exploitation and technology transfer
Date: August 21, 2015 – August 23, 2015
Venue: Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
Eligibility: The competition is open only for students who are pursuing LL.B (three year or five year programme) during the current academic year. To augment technology related research a team have the option of having only one student member (must be an undergraduate) from technology / science discipline (other than law), from any institution approved by the HOD or the Head of the Institution.
- There will be a two-tier Registration Procedure. The participating colleges shall have to register both with ‘Surana& Surana International Attorneys’ and ‘Symbiosis Law School, Pune’. The registration opens on May 14, 2015 (Thursday).
- Registration with Surana & Surana International Attorneys: The teams must register online at www.mootsite.com / www.moot.in by July 18, 2015 (Saturday).
- Registration with Symbiosis Law School, Pune: The participating colleges are required to email the Soft Copy of the Registration Form annexed here in the rules by July 18, 2015 (Saturday) to email@example.com
Guidelines for Submission of Memorial
- The soft copy of the memorial for each side shall be a single file and in MS-Word. It shall correspond with hard copy of the memorial. There should only be two word documents (All parts of each memorial must be in a single document), one for Claimant and the other for the Respondent.
- Each Memorial should not exceed more than 40 A4 pages. The "Arguments in Detail" and the "Prayer" should not exceed more than 25 A4 pages.
- The Cover Page of the Memorial must have the following color scheme: Blue: Claimant Cover Page Red: Respondent Cover Page.
- The Cover Page of each Written Submission must contain the following information:
a) The Team Code should be mentioned in the upper right-hand corner. For instance, if the Team Code of the Participating Team is ST_150; the Memorial Code on behalf of Claimant would be “ST_150_A” and for the Respondent would be “ST_150_D”.
b) The year of the Competition
c) The name of the Case
d) The party for which the Written Submission has been prepared. e) Name of the forum resolving the dispute.
- The memorials must contain the following:
- Cover Page;
- Table of contents;
- List of Abbreviations;
- Index of Authorities;
- Statement of Jurisdiction;
- Statement of Facts;
- Issues Presented;
- Summary of Arguments;
- Arguments in detail;
- All participating teams must submit a soft copy of their memorials from both the sides on or before August 02, 2015 (Sunday) by 09:00 p.m. IST.
- The soft copies of the memorials must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy marked to email@example.com and the subject of the mail marked as “Memorial Submission by Team Code ____ for 14th Surana & Surana International Technology Moot Court Competition, 2015.”
- Teams must send 3 Hard Copies of the memorials [Total 06 copies] which should reach Symbiosis Law School, Pune by August 05, 2015. The remaining 3 Hard Copies of the memorials (Total 06 copies) should be submitted during orientation on August 21, 2015.
- Postal Address for the submission of Hard Copy of the memorials is as follows: Dr. Atmaram Shelke, Assistant Professor, Symbiosis Law School, Symbiosis Campus, Opp. Pune International Airport, VIP Road, Viman Nagar, Pune - 411014
Formatting Guidelines for Memorial
- Typed on standard A4 size page.
- Font type: Times New Roman.
- Font size for body text: 12; the text of the written submission must have 1.5 (1.5 lines) spacing. Font size for the cover page may be 14 or 12.
- Font size for footnotes: 10; text of footnotes should be single-spaced (1.0)
- Margin: 1 inch margin on each side of the A4 size page.
- The footnotes must follow the 19th Bluebook format of citation.
- The Memorial must not contain any Annexure/Photographs/Sketches/ Exhibits/Affidavits etc.
- Winning team 30,000/-
- Runner up team 15,000/-
- Best Memorial 10,000/-
- Best Student Advocate 10,000/-
- Second Best Memorial 5,000/-
- Second Best Student Advocate 5,000/-
RULES REGARDING THE JUDGMENT WRITING COMPETITION
Eligibility: The teams participating in the Surana & Surana International Technology Law Moot Court Competition.
Submission: a) The judgment should be written and submitted in .doc or .docx format on the last day of the international moot court competition, i.e. on 23rd August 2015.
- b) Participation in judgment writing competition is compulsory for all the teams and researcher from each team shall represent the team in the competition.
Prize and Certificates:
- Winner: Rs. 25,000/-
- Runner-Up: Rs. 15,000/-
- 3rd and 4th best will be awarded certificates. d) All the participants who have submitted the judgments would get participation certificates. The winners (winner / runner up) would be awarded respective plaque and individual certificates.
- Start of Online Registration at www.moot.in: 14th May, 2015 (Thursday)
- Last Date for Online Registration: 18th July, 2015 (Saturday)
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials (Soft Copy): 02nd August, 2015 (Sunday) by 09:00 p.m. IST
- Last date for receiving Hard Copy of Memorials (Three Copies from Each Side): 05th August, 2015 (Friday)
Click here to download the moot problem.
Click here for detailed information.
For official website.