14th Surana & Surana National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition & National Judgment Writing Competition on Corporate Law
JSS Law College, Mysore is organising the 14th Surana & Surana National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition & National Judgment Writing Competition on Corporate Law from 12 - 14 Feb 2016. The competition is organised with the aim of creating opportunities for learning the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in Corporate Law besides developing cutting edge skills in research, writing and advocacy. The judgment1 writing competition will be a part of Surana & Surana National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition.
VENUE: JSS Law College, New Kantharaje Urs Road, Kuvempunagar, Mysore – 570023, Karnataka.
- The competition is open for students who are studying LLB three year or five year course during the current academic year interested in Tax, Corporate and Commercial Laws and who belong to institutions that have been invited.
- Students of The Institute of Chartered Accounts of India & The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are also eligible to participate.
- Online registrations will open from 1 Dec 2015. The teams must register online by 20 January 2016. Teams will have to register online at www.moot.in
- Participants will receive an automated system generated acknowledgement on successful submission of registration. Participants will receive an approval as acceptance of their request for participation latest by 25 January 2016 8:00PM or earlier. Registrations without the scanned copy of the approval letter from the college/institution/ University or duly attested registration form will not be valid.
- Registration particulars as soft copy may also be sent by e-mail to [email protected] and [email protected] marked as SURANA & SURANA NATIONAL CORPORATE LAW MOOT REGISTRATION as the subject of the mail latest by 25 Jan 2016
The participants are required to send the hard copy of the approval / registration letter to Administrator, JSS Law college so as to reach before 30 January 2016.
Guidelines for Submission of Memorials
- The memorials have to be submitted on typed A 4 size paper printed on one side and must contain:
- The table of contents
- The index of authorities
- The statement of jurisdiction
- The statement of facts (1 page only and argumentative statement of facts would attractpenalties)
- The statement of issues
- The summary of arguments (not more than 1 page)
- The arguments advanced (not more than 15 pages)
- The prayer
- Each team must prepare memorials for both parties to the dispute (Petitioners and Respondent).
- One advance hard copy of the memorials (both Applicant & Respondent) must reach the host institution (JSSLC) for evaluation by 25 January 2016 latest by 5.30 p.m. Soft copy of the memorials in word format must be mailed to [email protected] . . The remaining 5 copies may be submitted during orientation at 4.30 p.m. on 12 February 2016.
- Once the memorials have been submitted, no revisions, supplements, or additions will be allowed.
- The memorials should be spiral / staple bound or stitched. Any other form of binding shall not be accepted.
- Covers must be placed on briefs as follows:
- Petitioner: Light Blue Color; Defendant: Light Red Color.
- . The teams may submit a separate paper book of not more than 100 pages (printed on both sides), which will carry all the annexure and case laws that have been referred to in the memorial. The paper book will have a white cover.
- The font size in the memorial should be 12 (doubles space) and for footnotes it should be 10 (single space) & double space between two foot notes.
- The memorial must have a margin measuring one inch on all sides of each page.
- The page numbering should be on the top right side of each page.
- The cover page of the memorial must state the following
- The cause title
- Identify brief as Petitioners / Applicant & / Respondents as is applicable
- Runner up team – Rs. 15000
- Winning team – Rs. 30000
- Best Memorial – Rs. 10000
- Best Student Advocate – Rs. 10000
- Second Best Memorial – Rs. 5000
- Second Best Student Advocate – Rs. 5000
All participants will be awarded participation certificates.
NATIONAL JUDGMENT WRITING COMPETITION ON CORPORATE LAW
Eligibility: The teams participating in the Surana & Surana National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition.
- The participant team must compulsorily submit to the administrator a judgment arising out of the National Corporate Law case in M S Word format not exceeding 3000 words including footnotes, citations etc
- The soft copy of the judgment must be submitted by way of email / CD / pen drive on 14 Feb 2016 (Sunday) 10.00 a.m. A soft copy of the same must be forwarded to [email protected] .
- Winner: Rs. 25000/-
- Runner up: Rs. 15000/-
- 3rd and 4th best will be awarded certificates.
- All the participants who have submitted the judgments would get participation certificates. The winners (winner / runner up) would be awarded respective individual certificates.
- Last date for Online Registration: 20 January 2016
- Last date for receiving copies of Registration Form / Approval letter: 20 January 2016
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials: 25 January 2016
- Last date for receiving hard copy of Registration Form / Approval letter: 25 January 2016
- Submission of Memorials: 12 February 2016
- Submission of Judgment: 14 February 2016
Click here to register.
Click here for moot problem
Click here for rules and regulations
Click here for further details