1st Alliance National Moot Court Competition 2016
Alliance School of Law, Alliance University is going to organize the 1st Alliance National Moot Court Competition 2016.
Date: 22nd -24th, January 2016
Venue: Central Campus, Alliance University, Bengaluru.
Eligibility: The Competition is open to all undergraduate students pursuing a Bachelor of Law degree recognized by the Bar Council of India. Only one team from each college or law school can register for the Competition
- There shall be a registration fee of ₹ 5000/- (Rupees Five Thousand Only) for each team.
- Teams that desire to participate in the Competition shall cause the duly filled Registration Form to be scanned and e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 11:59 PM on 15th November 2015.
- The subject of such email should be “Registration for ANMCC 2016”
- The hard copy of the Registration Form and the Demand Draft as mentioned in Rule 13 has to reach Prof. (Dr.) Smitha Nizar, Alliance School of Law, Alliance University, Chikkahagade Cross, Chandapura-Anekal Main Road, Anekal, Bengaluru, 562106, no later than 26th November 2015.
- Each Team shall submit the Memorial for the Appellant and the Respondent in ‘.docx’ format no later than 11:59 PM on 30 December 2015. The file name for the Memorials shall be (Team Code) – (Appellant / Respondent).
- The submission of the Memorials shall be by email at email@example.com. The subject of the email should be “Memorials of Team - (Team Code)”
- Each Team shall submit seven hard copies each of Memorial for the Appellant and the Respondent which shall reach Prof. (Dr.) Vedashree, Alliance School of Law, Alliance University, Chikkahagade Cross, Chandapura-Anekal Main Road, Anekal, Bengaluru, 562106, no later than 11 January 2016.
- Memorials must be printed on A-4 paper with black ink and must be spiral bound. No plastic dividers should be used in the memorials.
- The font of the body of the Memorial must be Times New Roman font, size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and the font-size of footnotes, if any, must be of font size 10. A uniform method of citation of authorities must be followed.
- Each page must have a margin of at least an inch on all sides.
- The Memorial should not exceed 20 typed pages (not including the Cover Page, Table of Contents, Index of authorities and Statement of Jurisdiction) and shall consist of the following parts:
i. Colored Cover Page – blue for Appellant and red for Respondent;
ii. Table of Contents;
iii. Index of Authorities;
iv. Statement of Jurisdiction;
v. Statement of Facts;
vi. Issues Involved;
vii. Summary of Arguments;
viii. Written Pleadings; and
- The Cover Page should follow the colour scheme as stated in Rule above. The cover page shall also contain the Team Code on the top right-hand corner
Click here to download the moot problem.
Click here to download the rules.
Click here for official announcement.