6th ILNU International Moot Court Competition, 2016
Institute of Law, Nirma University (ILNU)is organizing the 6th ILNU International Moot Court Competition, 2016. The University has earlier organized Five All India National Level Moot Court Competitions, One on Constitutional Law and the rest on International law. The Moot preposition of the 6th ILNU International Moot Court Competition 2016 is primarily based on Public International Law. The objective of the 6th INLU International Moot Court Competition is to foster learning and cultivate student advocacy, by providing students the opportunity of exposure to experienced practitioners and academics in the field.
Public International Law
- All the College/ University/ Institute/ Faculties offering Students Bachelors Degree in Law (or any equivalent course) in the current academic year are eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Each participating University/ Schools/ Faculties/ Institute shall be eligible to send one Team to the Competition. The participating Students must be pursuing full-time Bachelors Degree in Law (LL.B / BL) or equivalent programme.
- The participating University/ Schools/ Faculties/ Institute shall nominate three students for the competition.
- The three students nominated by University/ Schools/ Faculties/ Institute shall constitute one team.
- The participating University/ Schools/ Faculties/ Institute shall designate two members of the team as ‘Mooters’ and the remaining one member the team as a ‘Researcher’.
- Only those members designated as Mooter shall be permitted to put forth Oral submissions in the Competition.
- In case of any contingency the Researcher may substitute the Agent only with the prior permission of the Organizer.
- The last date for Registration provisionally through email is 02.01.2016.
- Communication for the same shall be sent on the separate “Registration Form (annexed herewith) completely filled and duly signed by the Head of the participating University/ Schools/ Faculties/ Institute along with a draft for Rs. 3500/- a s registration fee.
- The Draft shall be drawn in the favour of “Institute of Law, Nirma University” payable at Ahmedabad.
- In case of any changes in the team composition it shall be conveyed to the organizers stating the reasons for the same before 26.01.2016.
Click here for registration form.
Registration Form (With DD)
Click here for time schedule.
Following awards shall be distributed during the award ceremony:
- The winner of the Final Round will be declared the “Best Team”.
- The runner-up of the Final Round will be declared the “First Runner Up”.
- The team placed 3rd will be issued certificate as “ Second Runner Up”.
- The Team with the highest memorial scores will be awarded the “Best Memorial” award.
- The “Best Advocate” award shall be determined on the basis of the actual oralpoints secured in the preliminary rounds.
- In addition to the above awards, certificates shall be issued to all the participants.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRAVEL
Accommodation for the duration of the competition will be provided by the organizers along with meals and transport to/from the place of accommodation.
QUERIES AND CLARIFICATIONS
In case of any questions related to problem or clarifications regarding the competition, feel free to contact the following:
- RashiBharadwaj – +91-9998770578
- Kanak Shree Chauhan. – +91-9558493546
- Avni Jain - +91- 9828111109
Click here for Rules and Regulation.
Click here for Moot Court problem.