9th Pro Bono Enviro National Moot Court Competition, 2015
School of Excellence in Law, the TamilNadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University is going to organize the 9th Pro Bono Enviro National Moot Court Competition, 2015. The moot is based on National Environmental Law and is intended to create awareness among the student body regarding the issue.
Date: October 30th, 2015 to November 1st, 2015
Venue: School of Excellence in Law, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai – 600028
Eligibility: Participation is strictly restricted to bona fide law students enrolled in the three year or five year LL.B. or B.L. degree course in any institution in India. Only one team is permitted to participate from each provisionally registered institution
- Provisional Registration of the participating institutions shall be sent by e-mail to [email protected] on or before 30th September, 2015, 11:59 PM. There is a team cap of 30.
- The registration of the institutions will take place entirely on first come-first-serve basis
- Upon receipt of an e-mail confirming provisional registration from the Organising Committee, participants shall complete the Registration Formalities in two steps:
(a) Participants shall e-mail the duly filled and signed Soft Copy (scanned copy) of the Registration Form (Annexure-I) as well as the scanned copy of the Demand Draft for Rs. 3,500/- to [email protected] on or before 6 th October, 2015, 11:59 PM. The Demand Draft shall be drawn in favour of “The Registrar, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai – 600028”, payable at Chennai.
(b) The Hard Copy of the said Registration Form and the original Demand Draft shall reach the Organising Committee on or before 9 th October, 2015, 11:59 PM via Speed Post or Courier on the following address:
Organising Committee “9th Pro Bono Enviro National Moot Court Competition, 2015”
Moot Court Association, School of Excellence in Law
“Poompozhil”, No. 5, Dr. D.G.S. Dinakaran Salai
Chennai – 600028 Tamil Nadu, India.
- Upon completion of the above steps, the duly filled Travel Form (Annexure-II) is to be e-mailed to [email protected] on or before 12th October, 2015, 11:59 PM.
- Teams that have completed Registration in accordance with the above shall be assigned a Team Code on or before 13th October, 2015, 11:59 PM/
- Participants are required to submit Memorandum or Written Submissions for both the Petitioner and the Respondent.
- Teams shall e-mail two Soft Copies each of the Memorandums, in PDF and Microsoft Word formats, i.e. four (4) separate file attachments, titled “Team CodeP” and “Team CodeR” for the Petitioner and Respondent respectively, on or before 23rd October, 2015, 11:59 PM to [email protected].
- Teams shall send One (1) Hard Copy each of the Petitioner and Respondent Memorandums on or before 26th October, 2015, 11:59 PM via Speed Post or Courier to the address mentioned above.
- On mailing the Hard Copy, participants are requested to email [email protected] providing the relevant Tracking ID or Tracing Consignment Number of the Speed Post or Courier service
- Six (6) Hard Copies of each of the Petitioner and Respondent Memorandums shall be submitted during the Team Registration on 30th October, 2015.
- Each Memorandum shall contain at least the following sections:
i. Cover Page (shall include Year of the Competition, Cause Title, Forum/Court, designation as Petitioner or Respondent Memo, Team Code on the top right corner - e.g. 21P or 21R)
ii. Table of Contents
iii. Index of Authorities
iv. Statement of Jurisdiction (strictly restrict to 1 page)
v. Summary/Statement of Facts (strictly restrict to 1 page; argumentative Statement of Facts shall be penalised)
vi. Issues Raised/Questions Presented
vii. Summary of Arguments/Pleadings
viii. Arguments Advanced/Written Pleadings (strictly restrict to 20 pages or less)
- The following content specifications shall be strictly adhered to:
Language: English Body
Font & Size: Times New Roman, 12;
Line Spacing: 1.5 [The spacing need not be followed for the Cover Page, any Tabular Column, Header or Footer]
Footnotes Font & Size: Times New Roman, 10; Line Spacing: 1.0; Paragraph Spacing: None; No additional space between footnotes
Alignment (Body & Footnotes): Justified
Margin: 1 inch on all 4 sides
Citation Method: The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation, Harvard Law Review, 19th edition Substantive Footnoting is strictly prohibited.
- The Cover Page shall be: Blue for Petitioner Memorandum and Red for Respondent Memorandum
- Only white A4 sized paper shall be used for all other pages. Use of recycled papers is encouraged.
- The Memorandums shall be printed on both sides. Each side shall be counted as one page.
- The Memorandums shall be staple bound with two/three staples on the left margin. No other form of binding shall be accepted. The use of plastic/cellophane sheets or films shall attract penalties.
- The Memorandums shall not contain any Annexures/Appendices, Photographs, Sketches, Exhibits, Affidavits, etc
Registration fees: Rs. 3500
Click here to download the moot problem.
Click here to download the registration form.
Click here to download the rules and regulations.
Click here to download the other documents.
For further details kindly visit the official website.