Administration Of Criminal Law In India: Emerging Issues & Challenges
23 Oct 2016 7:20 AM GMT
An International Conference on Administration of Criminal Law in India is being proposed to be organized at School of Law, Galgotias University. The Conference will examine Indian criminal justice administration through the lens of contemporary international development, with an emphasis on the relationship between procedural rights and questions of fair trial, access to justice and quality of justice.
The conference will have three technical sessions devoted to discuss each of the issue in great depth.
1 – Reforming the Criminal Justice System Technical Session:
2 – Crime & Punishment Technical Session:
3 – Police & Prosecution
Themes & Sub Themes:
- Reforming the Criminal Justice System Adversarial & Inquisitorial Model
- Right to Silence
- Rights of the Accused
- Presumption of Innocence and Burden of Proof
- Justice to victims
- Fair Trial
- Crime & Punishment Over criminalization
- Non custodial Sentences
- Criminal Profiling
- Plea Bargaining
- Organized Crime
- Corporate Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
- Economic Crimes Cyber Crime
- Police & Prosecution Modern methods of Crime Investigation
- Need for a New Police Act
- Private Prosecutions
- Investigation in Cyber Crimes
- Guidelines for Investigators
- Investigator - Prosecutor relationships – Differing International Models
- Maintaining Ethical Standards: Requirements for Investigators and Prosecutors
- Role of Prosecutor at Sentencing
Sub-themes are suggestive.
The researchers are free to take any topic which is coherent to the main themes.
Call for Papers: Research Papers/Articles and Case Studies from academicians, research scholars and students are invited for presentation in the International Conference. The abstract should be submitted along with the duly filed
Registration Form and Fee. There shall be an award for best paper under each of the themes. Registration Fee: Registration fee is payable by each of the authors of the papers individually and separately in cash or DD, as per due dates.
Demand draft to be in favour of “GALGOTIAS UNIVERSITY” payable at New Delhi. Please ensure that you mention the demand draft number in the application form and your name and mobile number at the back of Demand draft.
The envelope containing Registration form and DD should have the subject as International Conference on Administration of Criminal Law in India: Emerging Issues & Challenges and shall be addressed to:
Dr. Kiran Rai Dean, School of Law, Galgotias University, Plot No.2, Sector 17-A,Yamuna Expressway, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201308, India
- Teachers/Academician/ Research Scholars /Govt. Officials/Advocates/NGOs/INGOs Officials from India: Rs. 2000.
- Students pursuing 5year/3year Law Degree and LLM program (Indian Citizen): Rs.1500.
- Teachers/Academician/Govt. Officials/Advocates/NGOs/INGOs Officials from outside India: $ 250.
- Research Scholars/ Post Graduate/LL.B./Integrated LL.B./S.J.D./J/D Students from outside India: $ 200. (Registration Fee Waivers for International Scholars are available. Please indicate your interest for a registration fee waiver when submitting your abstract)
Brochure available here.