ALSD-PACT Indian Symposium on Dispute Resolution [15th-17th Jan, New Delhi]
Amity Law School Delhi, in association with Peacekeeping and Conflict Resolution Team (PACT), has announced a 3-day symposium on Dispute Resolution called the Indian Symposium on Dispute Resolution (ISDR), from January 15 to 17.
ISDR is an endeavour which aims to make a positive difference to the very idea of dispute resolution. Mediation, being an integral part of Consensual Alternative Dispute Resolution(CADR) is the principal focus and fulcrum of the first edition of ISDR.
Apart from various Indian legal luminaries, the Symposium will host international experts on CADR who will be conducting training sessions for participants and participating in comprehensive panel discussions about thematic issues of conflict resolution and mediation. These trainers include:
- Tom Valenti: Valenti is a Chicago-based conflict resolution specialist offering mediation, arbitration and facilitation services and training globally. Tom has travelled to various countries like the UK, Dubai, India and Europe to deliver mediation training for students.
- Catherine Davidson: Catherine is a nationally accredited mediator (NMAS) and IMI Certified mediator practising in Australia and internationally. Catherine has mediated over six hundred commercial and work place disputes and is a member of several national panels.
- Pascal Comvalins: Comvalins is an IMI Certified Mediator, an MFN registered mediator in Holland, a Rule 114 mediator in Minnesota USA and a certified hostage negotiator. He is the former vice-president and board member of the Academy of Professional Family Mediators (APFM).
- Jonathan Rodrigues: Rodrigues is an accredited negotiator and mediator listed with the Indian Institute of Arbitration and Mediation (IIAM) and an empanelled civil and commercial mediator with the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) for the western region.
The ISDR is bifurcated into training workshops and mediation conference. The training workshops organised by the international trainers, are for 80 participants only, selected on a first come first serve basis.
The conference is open to all participants and includes panel seminar and thematic policy discussions by legal luminaries.
- Students: INR 1500 (For training workshop); INR 1000 (For Conference); Accommodation Fee: INR 2000*
- Professionals: INR 1700 (For training workshop); INR 1200 (For Conference); Accommodation Fee: INR 2000*
*The Accommodation fee shall cover accommodation from January 15 to 18 (till 12:00 noon)
Registration can be made here.