Breaking; BCCI under RTI, Legalise Betting; 15 Key Recommendations of Lodha Panel [Read the Full Report]
1. Legalise betting with inbuilt mechanism
2. Bring BCCI under RTI Act
3. No BCCI office-bearer can hold two posts at the same time
4. No BCCI office-bearer can hold office for more than 3 terms with the rider that there will be a cooling off after each term
5. No Ministers or Government Servant can be the office bearers of BCCI
6. Limited autonomy for IPL Governing Council.
7. In no case President will hold post of President for more than 2 years
8. Ethics officer will be a former HC judge and there will be elected officer who will overlook the election work
9. Recommend a steering committee headed by former Home Secy G K Pillai with Mohinder Amarnath, Diana Eduljee and Anil Kumble
10. Separate governing bodies for the IPL and BCCI
11. Secretary and treasurer of the #BCCI will be ex-officio members of this IPL governing council
12.Chief governing body in IPL will be known as governing council, which will comprise nine members
13. BCCI should be run by a CEO, who will be assisted by six professional managers,
14. Cricketing matters to be decided by cricketers while non-cricket matters to be handled by the CEO and assisted by the team of six professional managers and two committees.
15. Players and match officials do not indulge in betting, but they have to disclose their assets.
Source; ANI, PTI
Image from here.
Read the full text of the report here.