National Biodiversity Authority (NBA), a statutory body established under the Biological Diversity Act, 2002, has established a Centre for Biodiversity Policy and Law (CEBPOL) as a joint initiative under the Indo-Norwegian Cooperation in the field of Biodiversity Policy and Law. The period of the programme is up to December 2018.
Call for Applications:
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the position of Consultant - Biodiversity Law (Code: CP-CBL), purely on temporary basis.
Deadline: The last date/ time for the receipt of applications addressed to The Administrative Officer, National Biodiversity Authority, TICEL Bio Park 5th Floor, CSIR Road, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113 in the prescribed format along with self-attested copies of all supporting documents/testimonials will be 31.08.2017 before 5.45 P.M.
Duration: One Year (extendable based on the performance)
Age: Upto 50 years
Pay and Pay range: Pay Rs.70,000/- p. m. (Pay range from Rs.70,000 to Rs.85,000)
Organization: CEBPOL at the Premises of the NBA, Chennai
Type of position: Contractual
Duty Station: NBA, Chennai – 600 113
Scope of the assignment:
The Consultant (Biodiversity Law) provides assistance to the Programme Manager in the implementation of day-to-day activities and works under his/her direct supervision.
Qualification: A Degree in law, with specialization in environmental law with at least 2 years of experience in dealing with biodiversity issues
- At least one year experience in dealing with multilateral environmental agreements, such as the Convention on Biodiversity (CBD) and others;
- Working experience in providing legal guidance, analyses and support on environmental law and/or biodiversity law;
- Proven skills in preparation of opinions, legal analyses, publications in journals and others;
- Proven ability to work in techno-legal teams.
How to apply:
- The eligible and willing candidates should download the prescribed application format from here.
- The softcopy of the application form should be sent to the email id: [email protected].
For more terms and conditions, interested applicants may refer to website