National Law University Delhi is seeking to engage, on a purely contractual basis, a Communications Manager initially for a year. The contract will be extendable based on the performance of the candidate and requirement of university.
Responsibilities of the Communications Manager: The Communications Manager will assist the university in diverse dissemination-related activities of the university including, but not limited to:
- Designing and publication of information materials like prospectus, newsletter, and annual reports;
- Writing blog-posts on various events and activities organised by the university;
- Preparation of official press releases and coordination with print and electronic media;
- Ensuring regular publication of university journals, in coordination with the publishers;
- Writing and editing of official speeches or any other communication materials like PPTs;
- Review and editing of MOOC related materials;
- Translation of different information materials into regional languages;
- Regular update of the university website and official social media channels;
- Collation of data from various sections for report preparation; and
- Any adhoc assignment on the discretion of university administration on need basis.
Qualifications: Candidates holding graduate or post-graduate degree in journalism, law, management, or English, with demonstrable interest in creative writing, are encouraged to apply. Candidates with experience in law publications may be given preference. Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills. The candidate should have efficiency in using various basic/advanced computer software programme. Those candidates who possess basic research skills and are adept in using various online tools for assisting in various research projects would be preferred.
Compensation: A consolidated salary of Rs. 35,000/- per month (all inclusive) will be provided to the incumbent.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit their applications by email to the Registrar, National Law University, Delhi ([email protected]). The email should have the following documents, along with an appropriate covering letter:
- Writing sample (published/unpublished)
- Contact details of two referees·
- A statement of purpose (SoP), explaining your interest in working with NLU Delhi (maximum 800 words). The SoP should clearly indicate how your educational/work experiences can add value to the tasks specifically mentioned in this advertisement.
The subject of the e-mail should be “Application for the position of Communications Manager”. The university reserves the right to conduct interviews to fill this position. The university will
be unable to cover the costs for attending the interview.
Deadline: 25th October 2018
For further details, click here.