Call For Applications: Indian Equality Law PhD Scholarship at Melbourne Law School
Melbourne Law School (MLS) invites applications from suitably qualified scholars for a PhD scholarship at on any aspect of Indian equality or anti-discrimination law. Comparative law research proposals are welcome, provided they have a significant Indian law dimension.
Supervision: The successful candidate will be jointly supervised by Associate Prof. Tarunabh Khaitan. Facilitation of co-supervision from non-law disciplines will be considered for interdisciplinary proposals.
Funding: Funding for the scholarship is provided by Melbourne Law School and the Letten Prize awarded to Associate Professor Khaitan in 2018.
The successful candidate will also receive automatic entry into the Melbourne Social Equity Institute’s Doctoral Academy.
Applications from traditionally under-represented groups in legal academy are especially welcome.
Eligibility: This PhD scholarship is available to a high achieving domestic (Australian national) or international student.
- 24 September 2018: Application submission opens
- 2 November 2018: Application submission closes
- 14 November 2018: Shortlisted applicants advised
- 19-21 November 2018: Shortlist interview (in person or by video conferencing) with co-supervisors
- 5 December 2018: Successful candidate to submit University of Melbourne Graduate Research Application Form online
- 25 February 2019: Candidature commences
Direct enquiries about the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details, click here.