Call For Interns For Vidhi - New Delhi
Vidhi is inviting applications for internships from students enrolled in a recognised law programme. Students pursuing courses in humanities or public policy are also welcome to apply.
Interns at Vidhi will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct research on cutting-edge issues of law and policy.
- Assist with drafting reports.
- Interact with legal academics and practising lawyers.
- The Public Law vertical focuses on issues of constitutional law, administrative law and allied issues in public policy. The vertical works on engaged projects with Central Government Ministries and agencies, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. The vertical also conducts independent research in the areas of law and technology, property law and human rights.
Corporate Law and Financial Regulation
- The Corporate Law and Financial Regulation vertical aims to usher in reforms in the financial sector by working in the areas of insolvency, corporate affairs and banking regulation. It assists Government Ministries and Departments as well as regulators like the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Finance, the Reserve Bank of India and the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India.
- The Judicial Reforms Initiative at Vidhi undertakes interdisciplinary, data-driven research on contemporary issues related to judicial institutions. It aims both to inform public debate and propose institutional, legislative, and policy reforms to governments. For the next three years, this initiative is going to under-take the JALDI Project as an expansion of the judicial reforms work.
- JALDI is a multi-year project that aims to advocate for and implement evidence-based reforms to eliminate existing backlog in courts, and ensure that new cases are disposed of in reasonable timelines. The fellowship is a highly competitive programme designed to build research capacity and technical expertise on issues facing the Indian judiciary.
Vidhi Aid: Education, Environment and Health
- The Vidhi Aid Initiative works in the areas of education, environment and health by conducting independent legal research, engaging with civil society organisations and undertaking strategic public interest litigation. The main focus of Vidhi Aid’s work across its three subject areas is the enforcement and implementation of legal rights. Some of the specific areas that Vidhi Aid will be working on are the implementation of the Right to Education Act in relation to persons with disabilities, new regulatory tools for environmental monitoring and compliance, drug regulation, and medical law and ethics.
- Nyaaya is a pioneering initiative of Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, conceived of by Rohini Nilekani and supported by Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies and The Lal Family Foundation. It seeks to assist everyone to understand and deal with everyday legal problems. Nyaaya provides comprehensive information on various legal topics, covering most aspects of the law that people interact within their daily lives.
How to Apply?
- The application for internship should be submitted by clicking on the link below. Please note that the link will remain active only for the first 20 daysof every month.
- All applicants are required to apply 2 months priorto the proposed starting date of internship. From 1 August 2018, we will not consider applications which are sent more than 2 months in advance from the proposed starting date of internship.
For official notification click here