Call For Papers: Chanakaya National Law University - One day National Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights – Emerging Issues and Challenges.
Chanakya National Law University is organizing a one day National Seminar on “Intellectual Property Rights: Emerging Issues and Challenges” which focuses on creating a nation-wide conversation providing an opportunity to students, academicians, law professionals and all other stakeholders to put forward their research and share their knowledge on wide range of topics relating to Intellectual Property Rights and related subjects.
Themes: Intellectual Property Rights – Emerging Issues and Challenges
- Role of Institutions, NGOs in creating awareness about IPR
- Commercialization of Intellectual Property Rights
- TRIPS Agreement and Geographical Indications
- IPR issues in Cyberspace
- Design and Copyright
- Commercialization of Traditional Cultural Expression (TCE)
- Technology, Market Freedom and Public Domain
- Intellectual Property Rights and Biodiversity
- University-Industry Partnerships: Role of Intellectual Property
- Harmonization of Intellectual Property Rights and Anti-Trust Laws
- Pharmaceutical Patents and Public Health
- Patent of Life Forms
- Patent Reforms: Utility and Software Patents
- Evolution of Biotechnology and Patents
- IPR and Fashion Technology
- Standard Essential Patents (SEPs) and their availability on FRAND terms
- Counterfeiting and Infringement of Trademarks
- Protection of Traditional Knowledge
- Plant Variety Protection: Breeders’ Rights and PVPFR
- Infringement of IPR law provisions
Who can apply?
Academicians, researchers, advocates, social activists and students pursuing law or any other academic degree. Interested
- The language of the paper, the working language of the Seminar and the presentations shall be done in English only.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of maximum two authors per submission.
- The author (s) are required to send abstract of their paper, upon selection of which they will be required to send their paper.
- The Abstract must contain the highlights of the full paper and should not exceed 500 words. The soft copy of the abstract shall be submitted along with a cover page.
- Author(s) Name(s), University/Organization, Paper Title, Email Address and Mobile Number, to be stated clearly in the cover page of the Paper.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Author (s) will be required to fill the registration form after the selection of their abstract.
- In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the Seminar to present the paper.
- A person may submit the maximum of only 1 article.
- All submissions must be made in Soft Copy to the aforementioned E-mail ID (email@example.com) on or before the last date of submission. All submissions must be made in word document format. The body of the email must contain details of the Author and the Title of the Paper.
- Students/Research Scholars: Rs. 600
- Academicians/Professionals: Rs. 1200
- Participants: Rs. 500
- On Spot Registration (Students/Research Scholars/Participants): Rs. 1000
- On Spot Registration (Academicians/Professionals): Rs. 1700
- Last Date of Abstract Submission: 30th August, 2018
- Confirmation of Selected Abstract: 5th September, 2018
- Last Date for Paper Submission: 17th September, 2018
- Last Date for Registration: 17th September, 2018
- Date of Seminar: 23rd September, 2018
For Brochure click here