Call For Papers – Journal Of Indian Law And International Relations Vol. 1 Issue 2
The Journal of Indian Law & International Relations is the student-run journal established with the objective of promoting academic research and fostering debate on contemporary legal issues in India. It is blind peer-reviewed journal focusing on an inter-disciplinary approach towards legal writing. The ambit of the Journal is broad and not restricted to any particular field of law, and includes legal as well as policy related contemporary issues, both national and international. After a successful first issue Journal of Indian Law and International Relations is happy to announce the second issue of this journal.
Who can apply?
The Journal of Indian Law & International Relations invites original, unpublished manuscripts from all students, academicians, judges, and legal professionals from India and abroad.
Articles/ Essay (3000-5000 WORDS)
- This category is designed to comprehensively deal with and provide a sustained analysis of a particular legal topic in toto. It must analyze the current practices in the field and identify lacunae therein along with suggesting solutions to the problem.
Notes/ Case Commentaries (2000-3000 WORDS)
- An important feature of the journal is the ‘Notes and Comments’ section. A note is a concise argument focusing on any recent legal controversy or debate. A comment is limited to critical appraisal of recent judicial decisions, new legislation (enacted or proposed), or policy reform proposals. Short notes should be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words. No abstract is required for Case Comments/Legislative Reviews.
Book Reviews (1500-2000 WORDS)
- This section includes the review of any scholarly work recently published in the field of law. No abstract is required for the purpose of book review.
Co-Authorship is permitted to the maximum of two persons. All works must be original and unpublished, and not pending for review before any other journal. Any form of plagiarism will lead to rejection of the manuscript submitted for publication in the journal. Submissions that exceed the word limit will not be accepted.
In order to ensure transparency in the blind review process, the name of the author or institutional affiliation must not be mentioned anywhere in the manuscript.
The first page of the manuscript should only contain the name of the paper followed by a 200-word abstract, and the main body of the manuscript must begin immediately thereafter.
All submissions must be mailed in Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’) as an attachment to email@example.com with the subject ‘Manuscript Submission for Volume I Issue II’.
Manuscripts submitted in PDF/other formats/hard copy will not be accepted.
The body of the email must mention the name of the author(s), contact number, academic qualifications, institutional affiliation, the title of the paper, and a declaration to the effect that the manuscript is an original and previously unpublished work of the author.
DEADLINE: 20th January 2019 (Before 11:59 pm)
- Single Author: 1000 INR
- Co-Authorship: 1200 INR
- Single Author: 30 USD
- Co-Author: 50 USD
For any queries contact
- Prakhar Khanna: 8979449696 (Secretary, JILIR)
- Aniket Dhwaj Singh: 9661993926( President, JILIR)
For more information visit our website here.
For recent updates visit Facebook Page here.