Call for Papers ;National Law University, Assam Law Review (NLUALR)
NLUA Law Review is Peer Review Journal. The Journal will be running under the faculty advisory committee of NLU Assam. This is one of the flagship journals of National Law University, Assam. It is a bi-annual, student-edited journal focusing on inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary approaches towards legal writing.
The Journal aims to publish articles, case comments, book reviews on all aspects of law and related issues. Here the special emphasis is placed on contemporary legal studies along with its foundational philosophical thoughts. Further believing in fact that NLUA LAW REVIEW is only of its kind in the region, hence the legal issues related to North East Region are cordially invited.
The Journal aims at giving the opportunity to legal academia, research scholars, students, advocates and activists working for enhancement of legal scholarship. Hence, the Journal will serve as the platform for innovative thought sharing and will aim at contributing in dynamic growth of legal knowledge. Here participants can discuss/analyse the new contemporary legal changes in Law in the form of articles, cane notes, review articles etc.
CATEGORIES FOR SUBMISSION
The Editorial Committee of NLUA Law Review is inviting quality research papers from :
Ø Academicians and professionals (inter-disciplinary with law);
Ø Judges and Advocates;
Ø Research Scholars; and
Ø Students, if the editorial board deems it fit to be an extraordinary scholastic work.
- Research Papers : Between 7000 and 10000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Papers in thiscategory are expected to engage with the theme comprehensively, examine literaturecomprehensively and offer an innovative re-assessment of the current understanding of thattheme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical pieces are also welcome.
- Notes / Comments : Between 3000 and 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes. This sectionshould include a thought provoking and innovative piece consisting chiefly of personalopinions and analysis.
- Case / Report Comments : In between 2500 - 3000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Thispart should entail an analysis of contemporary Indian or International judicial pronouncements relevant to the themes. It must identify and examine the line of cases inwhich the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution ofthat branch of law.
- Book / Reports Review : Word limit is 2000- 3000 for review of a book relevant to the themes. The reviewer should identify the relevant arguments put forth by the author andpresent a comprehensive analysis of the same.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- Submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12 font size with 1.5 line spacing,justified text and 1 inch margins on all sides of an A4 sheet besides the centre aligned page number at the bottom of each page.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, 10 font size with 1.0 line spacing.
- Endnotes are not allowed.
- Graphics, Charts, Tables, and Diagrams should be numbered consecutively andincluded in the body of the work. Submission must be compatible with Microsoft words.
HEADINGS SHOULD FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING STANDARD:
- LEVEL 1 HEADING: All Capitals & Bold;
- LEVEL 2 SUB-HEADING First Letter CAPITAL & BOLD;
- Level 3 Sub-Sub-Heading: First Letter CAPITAL & BOLD & ITALIC;
- Level 4 Sub-Sub-Sub-Heading: Normal
Submissions must be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferably in .docx format)along with a covering letter addressed to Dr. DiptimoniBaruah (Faculty Advisor,NLUA Law Review Publication Committee 2015-2016). The covering letter shouldinclude the author’s contact information and a short abstract (250-300 words) thatoutlines the main questions or themes addressed in the paper.
Authors shall be required to submit an author profile, post submission of 200 wordsbefore their contribution can be considered for publication.
The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism willlead to disqualification.
Submitted entries must not have been sent for consideration at any other place forpresentation or publication.
Co-authorship is allowed. Maximum number of Co-author for a submission shall onlybe one.
Authors should provide their contact details, designation and institutional affiliation inthe covering letter for the submission.
Footnotes must conform to the Standard Indian Legal Citation Manual (SILC),
Rules of legal citation (Latest edition attached).
Copyright of all entries shall exclusively vest with NLU Assam. The submissionwould imply that the author has assigned such rights to NLU Assam.
All submissions will go through an initial round of scrutiny and shortlisted contributors will be informed by July 25, 2015.
Please note that the final selection of contributions on the basis of comments received from external reviewers. The selected contributors are to incorporate the feedback. The aim to publish this issue is in August 2015. A hard copy of this issue as well as a letter of acknowledgement will be sent to each contributor.
COMPOSITION OF THE NLUA LAW REVIEW PUBLICATION COMMITTEE :
Chief Patron :
Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court
Prof.(Dr.) Vijender Kumar, Vice-Chancellor, National Law University,
Assam Faculty Advisors :
Dr. DiptimoniBaruah, Associate Professor of Law
Mr. Sachin Sharma, Assistant Professor of Law
Ms. NamrataGogoi, Assistant Professor of History