Call for Papers: RGNUL’s Seminar on Corruption and Black Money
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, has invitied Papers for the Seimnar on the topic Corruption and Black Money in India, which is to be held on 22nd August 2015. RGNLU was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, thereby fulfilling the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization. Selected research papers are proposed to be published in the form of an edited book with ISBN number. Only the full papers submitted before the deadline shall be considered for publication.
Theme of the Seminar:
The Seminar attempts to explore various aspects of Corruption and Black Money in India, the efficacy of legal provisions and the role of investigating agencies in combating with this problem.
Sub-Themes of the Seminar
- Black Money in India: Issues and Challenges
- Menace, Magnitude and Causes of Black Money in India
- Impact of Black Money on Indian Economy
- Legal Control of Black Money : Law and Policy
- Law Relating to Prevention of Money Laundering and its efficacy
- Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion : National and International Perspectives
- Role of Enforcement Agencies in Curbing Black Money
- Corruption in India and Legal Mechanism
- Fighting Corruption: National and International Perspectives
- Legal Mechanism to root out Corruption in India and its Efficacy
- Prevention of Corruption Act and its Efficacy
- Growing Menace of Corruption in India : Reasons and Way Forward
- Role of Investigating Agencies, Ombudsman, Media and Civil Society in Preventing and Combating Corruption
- Role of Investigating Agencies, Vigilance Commission at State and National Level
- Role of Lokpal/Lokayukta in combating Corruption
- Role of Media
- Role of Civil Society in exposing and fighting corruption
- Corruption, Black Money vis-a-vis Accountability
- Role of Right to Information Act in ensuring Transparency and Accountability
- Political Accountability in India
- Electoral Politics and Corruption
- Corporate – Politicians Nexus and Corruption.
Note: Abstracts of individual paper presentation proposals should be in about 300-500 words. The participants should include in the abstract, details as to the title, name of author(s), keywords, university /institution, email ID, contact numbers and contact address. Peer review process will be followed in accepting papers for presentation and the participants shall be intimated.
About the Papers:
Full length papers should not exceed 8000 words including endnotes/footnotes/references. Full length papers should be typed in MS word using Times New Roman Font Size 12 for the text, sub heading font size 13, main heading font size 14, line spacing 1.5. Abstracts and full length papers shall be emailed at email@example.com
The Seminar shall have a web conferencing session to selected participants.
Registration, Registration Fee and Accomodation:
Registration shall be online. For registration click on our website www.rgnul.ac.in. Abstracts and full length papers shall be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copy of full length papers shall be submitted at the registration desk on the day of seminar.
Registration Fee is Rs. 1250/- (separately for author and co-author). Only one co-author is allowed. Early Bird Registration (upto 31st July 2015) is Rs. 1000/- (each for author and coauthor). Registration Fee shall be payable online. For payment of registration fee please click on our website www.rgnul.ac.in.
Limited accommodation for participants on first come first serve basis is available on payment basis subject to prior intimation at the time of registration. For details, contact the seminar coordinator.
Last Date for Submission of Abstracts 15th July 2015
Early Bird Registration 31st July 2015
Submission of Full Paper 12th August 2015
Last Date for Registration and Payment 18th August 2015
Seminar Date 22nd August, 2015
Dr. Manoj Sharma Assistant
Professor of Law RGNUL, Punjab
Email id: email@example.com
Contact no: 9888016788