Call For Papers: Andaman Law College’s Seminar On Rights of Tribals [16th-17th Mar; Port Blair]
Andaman Law College, Port Blair is organizing a two-day national seminar on ‘Socio-Legal Rights of Tribals in Andaman & Nicobar Islands: Issues and Challenges’ on 16th and 17th March, 2018.
The theme of the seminar has been selected keeping in view the initiatives taken by the Andaman & Nicobar Administration for the welfare of the tribal community who are aboriginals of these islands.
The resource persons with expertise on tribal research are expected to moderate and deliberate on theme of the seminar in the technical sessions. This seminar will interest academicians, NGOs, advocates, civil servants, research scholars and others interested in Tribal studies.
- Tribal demography
- Constitutional and legal rights of Tribals
- Economic status of Tribals
- Health status of Tribals
- Social and political system of Tribals
- Tribal languages and culture
- Last date for abstract submission: 24th February
- Last date for full paper submission: 10th March
- Last date for payment of registration fee: 2nd March
- Paper presentation by professionals: Rs. 1500
- Paper presentation by research scholars: Rs. 500
- Non-paper presenting participants: Rs. 1000
The brochure for the seminar can be accessed here.