Call for Papers: National Conference on Paradigmatic Shifts in Law and Justice in 21st Century: Challenges & Opportunities
This Conference is intended to cause sincere reflections on the issues, which have been discoursing stock since the starting of 21st Century. Hopefully academics will be able to contribute towards settling concerns which have not been hitherto satisfactorily settled and also which are at a very nascent stage but surely comprise of crucial concerns.
Date: December 8 - 10, 2017
Venue: HPNLU, Shimla
Thematic Areas of the Conference:
- Personal Laws in Changing Social Context
(a) Fundamental Rights and Personal Laws;
(b) Socio- Economic Development and Discriminatory Personal Laws;
(c) Personal Law and Secularism
- Administration of Justice and Contempt of Court
(a) Contempt of Court in Indian Context: Purposes & Objectives;
(b) Widening Reach of Media and Court Proceedings;
(c) Court Officials and Contempt of Court
- Environmental degradation & Social (In) justice
(a) Protection of Environment: A Concern of Existence;
(b) Development and Environmental Concerns in Himachal Pradesh;
(c) Role of NGT in Environment Protection
- Marital Rape, Matrimonial Obligation & Dignity of Women
(a) Marital Rape as a Form of Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse;
(b) Is Marriage License to Rape;
(c) Marital Rape: Challenges and Apprehensions in Indian Milieu
- Financial Federalism in 21st Century & Constitution
(a) GST: Challenges and Opportunities;
(b) Free Trade, Commerce and Intercourse Post Jindal Pronouncement;
(c) Role of Finance Commission & NITI Aayog
- State, Growth of MNCs & Human Rights in India
(a) State, Socio-Economic Order & Human Rights;
(b) Role of MNCs in Protection of Human Rights;
(c) Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Human Rights
- Evidence Law: Challenges and Prospects in cyber Age
(a) Emerging Challenges in Investigation and Prosecution;
(b) Technological Advancement: Relevancy and Admissibility of Evidences;
(c) Payment Gateways & Monetary Offences
- Gender Identity & Social Inclusion
(a) Law, Gender & Sexual Identity;
(b) Third Gender & Social Inclusion;
(c) Individual Autonomy & Social Exclusions.
Who can apply?
The Conference is open for all teachers (not limited to law teaching), academics, judges, lawyers and administrators. Students are also entitled to register and participate.
- Word limit for the Abstract: 500-600
- Word limit for the Paper: 7000-12000
- Send at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors but all authors need to register separately and at least one must attend the Conference.
How to apply?
- Interested candidates may register by filling up the Registration Form accompanying this Brochure, both of them can also be downloaded from: www.hpnlu.ac.in or can be requested for at: email@example.com
- The Completed Registration Form must be accompanied by the proof of the payment of Registration Fee.
- With accommodation- 4000/-
- Without accommodation- 2500/-
- Only for Participants on sharing basis.
- Includes fooding, lodging and transportation to and from the venue.
- On Spot Registration Rs. 3000/ - (without accommodation)
- Last Date for Sending Abstract: 10. 2017
- Communication of Acceptance of Abstract/Paper: 11. 2017
- Last Date for Receiving Payments/Registration Fee: 04–14. 11. 2017
- Last Date for Sending Full Paper: 11. 2017
- Communication of Acceptance of Full Paper: 11. 2017
For any queries contact:
Mr. Santosh Kr Sharma: Conference Secretary +91-9560188636; +91-9968649149
For official notification click here
For Details of Conference Rules & Guidelines, kindly visit at : www.hpnlu.ac.in