Counsel Quest’s 3rd Masterclass On PoSH [30th Nov; Gurugram]
Counsel Quest (CQ) is organizing the 3rd Masterclass on Practical Challenges and Critical Aspects of Prevention of Sexual Harassment (PoSH). It is a full day hands-on workshop focusing on practical issues faced by employers while dealing with PoSH and their probable solutions.
Date: November 30, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Venue: The Palms Town & Country Club, Sushant Lok Phase I, Sector 43, Gurugram
CQ is empaneled with the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development for imparting trainings on PoSH.
In the wake of #Me Too and #Me Too India movement, which has recently seen unbelievable number of revelations of sexual harassment incidents from many women against well-known and eminent public figures, celebrities, journalists etc., it has become absolutely necessary for organisations to know about the provisions of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013 (POSH Act) and equip their employees to deal with such matters in a lawful manner.
- Understanding the laws, rules and regulations under POSH
- Gender Sensitivity & POSH
- Preventive Measures and Role of HR
- Process of conducting enquiry by Internal Committee (IC)
- Documenting the investigation
- Protecting Employer’s Brand
- Handling litigation/appeals
- Discussion on court cases and judgements
- Background and definitions of legal terms such as Sexual Harassment, Aggrieved Woman, Workplace (Physical/Extended/Virtual)
- Gender Sensitizing and PoSH
- What is not sexual harassment
- IC- Who should be in IC and why?
- Role of IC, Jurisdiction of IC
- Pre-requisites of Complaint
- Process of Investigation
- How to handle personal bias and conflict of interest in IC
- Challenges faced by IC
- Documentation/Inquiry Report : what should be included and what should be excluded
- Malicious Complaints
- Duties of Managers
- Brand Protection- How to protect your brand before and after an incident is reported in media
- Understanding statutory reporting under the law
Who should attend: The workshop will be useful for business owners, employers, senior management, HR and ER leads, ICC members, in-house legal counsels, company secretaries, supervisors and managers.
Standard Charges: INR 9,000 plus taxes
Group Discount: Nominate 2 plus delegates and avail of 10% discount
To register, click here.