GLC Mumbai’s DMH Panel Discussion on ‘Embracing Diversity’ [9th Feb, Mumbai]
The DM Harish Foundation, in association with the Moot Court Association of Government Law College, Mumbai, organizes a panel discussion as a part of the DM Harish Memorial Government Law College International Moot Court Competition every year.
The topic for the panel discussion this year is Embacing Diversity, Eliminating Discrimination – A Constitution for All. The discussion aims at tackling issues faced by various stigmatized communities.
The panel will be moderated by Haresh Jagtiani, Senior Advocate, Bombay High Court, and it comprises of individuals from different fields:
- Darius Khambata, former Advocate-General of Maharashtra, Senior Advocate, Bombay High Court
- Milind Deora, former Union Minister and Member of Parliament
- Ashish Shelar, president of Mumbai unit of Bhartiya Janata Party
- Padma Shri Ms. Bhawana Somaaya, author, historian and journalist
- Sidharth Bhatia, founding editor of The Wire
- Harish Iyer, LGBT rights activist
The panel discussion will be held on 9th February, at Convocation Hall, Mumbai University, Churchgate at 5:30 PM. Entry is open to all.
The panel discussion is a precursor to the 19th DM Harish Government Law College International Moot Court Competition, 2018 instituted in memory of the late Mr DM Harish, a distinguished advocate and a renowned authority on Income-Tax law in India. Today, known popularly the over the world as ‘DMH’, the event has been acclaimed as a prestigious international moot court competition.