GNLU’s Workshop On Applied Statistics [3rd-4th Feb; Gandhinagar]
The Center for Law and Economics, Gujarat National Law University is organising a ‘Workshop on Applied Statistics using IBM SPSS Statistics for Legal Studies’ on 3rd and 4th February, 2018.
The aim of the workshop on applied statistics is to give the fundamentals of statistical analysis. This course introduces the basics of statistics for researchers to summarize numerical and categorical data obtained from surveys, experiments, etc. The topics include different data types, measures of location, variability, shape, and association between variables. The students are expected to learn the fundamental concepts of estimation, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing and apply appropriate tests for population mean, proportion, variance and difference, independence, and goodness to fit.
The students/participants if equipped with the tools of applied statistics using IBM SPSS Statistics for Legal Studies would be able to carry out advanced and detailed research activities. Often, legal research lacks a quantitative appreciation. This course aims at providing the participants with an ability to use empirical data and analyse them subsequently to give them a fruitful conclusion to their research project.
Last date for registration: 2nd February, 2018
Tentative Course Content: (12 Hours)
- Types of Data and Scale of Measurements
- Questionnaire Preparation and Introduction of IBM SPSS Statistics
- Frequency Distribution and Charts
- Descriptive Statistics, Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersions
- Cross Tabulation with Chi-Square Test
- Multiple Response Analysis
- Correlation Analysis
- Regression Analysis
Resource Person: Dr Gaurang Rami, Professor, Department of Economics, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat.
- GNLU participants: Rs 750
- Other participants (without accommodation): Rs 1,000
- Other participants (with accommodation: Non AC room: Rs 2,000
To register, click here.
Payment can be made here.
The brochure for the event can be found here.