ILNU’s ADR Workshop On International Arbitration [15th-17th Sept]
Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, Institute of Law Nirma University (ILNU), will hold an ADR workshop on ‘International Arbitration (Commercial and Investment) and Contemporary Issues’ from September 15 to 17 through its Smart Class. The program will provide an understanding of the general principles of domestic as well as international arbitration and its relationship to other dispute resolution processes. The course will provide candidates with an introduction to the legal frame of, and good practice and procedure in, domestic and international arbitration in their jurisdiction. The seminar endeavors to cover the emerging issues and challenges faced for settlement of disputes through international arbitration.
The workshop has been conceptualized with the objective of taking stock of the progress made by India in the sphere of law; while creating space for discussion on matters pertaining to legal issues concerning international arbitration (commercial and investment). It offers an opportunity to experts from various disciplines comprising researchers, academicians, law experts, and students to come together and share their valuable thoughts on the issues relating to the major themes related to this topic.
Dates of the Workshop: 15th-17th September, 2018
Venue: Smart Class, ILNU
Registration Fees: INR 1,500
- INR 3,000 (Without accommodation)
- INR 5,000 (With accommodation)
- Prof. William F. Fox, Former Dean & Prof. of Law, Columbus School of Law, USA
- Prof. Thomas E. Carbonneau, Distinguished Prof. of Law, Penn State Law, USA
- Mr. Tejas Karia, Partner & Head, Arbitration at Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, India
- Mr. Ajay Thomas, Arbitrator and Advocate, Vice-Chairperson, ICC India Group
- Dr. Jyotsna Yagnik, Retired Principal & District Judge and Arbitrator, Ahmedbad
- 6. Ylli Dautaj, Asst. Prof. ILNU & Partner at Byran Dautaj & Dautaj, Sweden.
Last Date to Register: September 12.
To register, click here.
In case of any queries, please contact Ankit Tripathi [+917355238546], or Mani Shankar [+917043702938].