Institute of Law, Nirma University- National Service Scheme
The Institute thrives to make societal impacts and so does its students. The first step in this direction was to adopt a village - Jamiyatpura in the last academic session and this time, the National Service Scheme (NSS) - ILNU planned its first activity in the same village.
The National Service Scheme (NSS) under the Institute of Law, Nirma University organised various legal aid activities and community services during the year from October 2015 to March 2016.
The details of the activity are as follows:
About: Swachhta Pakhwara at Adopted Village (Jamiyatpura) dated August 6, 2017.
- Painted dirty walls near Panchayat Office and wrote slogans over them. [800+ Square Feet | 6 Hours]
- Villagers sensitised and convinced on the need for cleanliness with door to door awareness [50+ Doors touched and 150+ people connected | 6 Hours]
- Thoroughly cleaned the Primary School and Gram Panchayat [3000+ Sq ft | 4 Hours]
- Discussion with Village Council on caste geopolitics and how NSS can help. [2 Hours]
- Understood the cultural ecosystem of the village.
The activity was taken up in lieu to make the villagers understand about the hazards of open defecation and making cleanliness the top most priority in the village.