IV Amity International Moot Court Competition, 2016
Amity Law School, Centre – II Amity University, Noida is organizing International Moot Court Competition. The Moot Court Competition this year is based on Sport Law. This aim and purpose of the competition is to enable students to familiarize themselves with the law and practice of the International law.The Moot Proposition is drafted by Mr.TusharVedSaxena , Assistant Professor, Amity Law School, Centre-II.
10th, 11th and 12thMarch 2016
Block I-2/I-3, Amity Law School, Center II, Amity University, Sector – 125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh – 201303, INDIA.
- Each team can register provisionally by filling the online registration form whose link has been provided
- To complete the process of registration, all participating teams are required to submit the complete registration form, duly signed and stamped by the Head of Institution/Principal/Head of Department along with the Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 4500/- in favour of Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, payable at Noida.
- The aforementioned documents must be sent (by post or courier) to Amity Law School, Centre II, Amity University, Sector-125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh-201303. The deadline for registration is at 5 pm IST on Wednesday 10th February 2016.
- The Registration fee for SAARC Countries is 50 USD which they can pay in INR as well.
- All other International teams shall pay 250 USD or its equivalent excluding service charge (If Any) as the Registration Fee.
- All students currently enrolled in three year or five year LL.B. or LL.M. degree in any Law School/College/University in India, are eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Any recognized Institution/College/University shall be entitled to send only one team to the Competition.
GUIDELINESTeam Composition : -Each team shall be comprised of maximum 3 members, i.e. 2 speakersand 1 researcher. This number cannot be modified under anycircumstances. Teams shall identify such speakers and researcher during registration.
- Teams shall not disclose their identity or that of their institution or city at any time before or during the competition. Such disclosure shall invitepenalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the Organizer.
- Any additional Member or Team Coach of any Team shall not be recognized and will not be entitled to a certificate from the Amity Law School Centre-II.
- Formal wear Ladies: Dark colouredsalwar or trouser, white colouredkurta or shirt/ suit (black)
- Gentlemen: White shirt with tie and dark coloured trouser / suit (black)
The competition shall be held in English language.
RULES FOR MEMORIALS
The following requirements for memorials must be strictly followed:
a) Each Team is required to prepare a Memorial for both, the Applicant and the Respondent of the Case. It is to be noted with caution that the forum selected by the team shall remain same both for the Applicant and the Respondent.
b) All teams must submit a soft copy and one hard copy of their memorials for each role and each case by email (email@example.com) and post to Amity Law School, Centre-II, Amity University, Sector-125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh – 201303 by Friday 19th February 2016.
c) Once the memorials have been submitted, no revisions, supplements, or additions will be allowed.
d) Remaining five (5) copies of each memorial for Applicant and Respondent of each case must be submitted to the Organizer at the time of registration and draw of lots.
e) Memorial should be hard bound. Comb/spiral or any other form of binding will be considered proper binding. Please avoid plastic front sheets or separators.
Each Memorial shall be presented in the following order:
- Front cover;
- Title page;
- Table of contents;
- List of abbreviations;
- Index of authorities (list of sources);
- Statement of facts;
- Summary of arguments;
- Written arguments;
- Optional: Annex (max two (2) pages); and
- Back cover
- Each team must submit its Memorial in PDF format.
- Each team must submit its Memorials in size 12 Times New Roman font style and footnotes in size 10 Times New Roman font style.
- Each page must have a margin of at least 1.25 cm on every side ofthe text.
- Memorials must be continuously page-numbered, excluding thefront-cover.
- The text of the Memorial must be 1.5 spaced and footnotesmust be single spaced.
- Headings and subheadings of more than one line in length must besingle spaced.
- Front Cover Requirements
The front cover must contain the following information:
- Team number
- Role (Defense Counsel and Counsel for the Applicant)
- Title of the Competition
- Title of the case
- The following color schemes shall be followed for the Cover Page of the Written Submission:
- a) Applicant- RED (Preferably Light RED)
- b) Respondent- BLUE (Preferably Light Blue)
Each team must omit the following references in their Memorials:
- The names of team members;
- The members’ and/or the university’s country of residence;
- Its nationality; and
- The name of its university.
- Team code for memorials will be intimated to the participating teams via email once the registration form of the team is received by the organisers.Team code for oral arguments will be given at the time of orientation/ draw of lots on Thursday 10th March 2016. Same team code will be given to each team for memorials and oral arguments.
- Page Limit Each Memorial must not exceed 25 pages, in which the advanced arguments should not be longer than 15 pages.
SCORING STRUCTURE MEMORIALS
- Scores are awarded out of a maximum of 100 points.
- Scores are awarded for:
a) Organization, structure, and analysis of the issues: (20 points)
b) Use of facts and legal principles: (20 points)
c) Use of authorities and citations: (20 points)
d) Persuasiveness, ingenuity, logic and reasoning: (20 points)
e) Grammar, style, and clarity: (20 points)
CATEGORIES OF THE AWARDS
The following awards will be given after the Final Round:
- First Runner-up;
- Second Runner-up;
- Best Counsel;
- Second Best Counsel;
- Best Memorial
- Best Researcher
ACCOMMODATION AND HOSPITALITY
Accommodation and food to the participating teams will be provided by Amity Law School, Center II from 9th March 2016 (12:00 P.M) to 12th March 2016 (7:00 P.M). Accommodation shall be provided separately for boys and girls.
Any clarifications for the competition can be sought from:
Tushaar Ved Saxena
Assistant Professor (Faculty In-charge)
President Student Bar Forum Amity Law School, Center– II.
Mob - +91 – 9971347479
Tel. +91(0)-120-4392967 (Landline)
Click here for Rules and Regulations and Travel Plan.
Click here for Registration form.
Click here for Moot Proposition.