Recruitment Notification: Programme Officer, CHRI's IAP Team
10 Jan 2019 5:41 PM GMT
The Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (CHRI) is seeking to hire a Programme Officer for its International Advocacy and Programming (IAP) team. The programme regularly advocates for reform within the Commonwealth and stronger response mechanisms to stem human rights violations.
This is a full-time position based at CHRI's headquarters in New Delhi.
Candidates would be required to commit to a minimum of two years to the position.
• Monitor and research human rights issues in Commonwealth countries and draft reports for publication
• Prepare effective and targeted advocacy documents
• Draft submissions, oral and written statements, as applicable to various international mechanisms and forums and letters to governments
• Write articles for CHRI's newsletter, and newspapers across the Commonwealth
• Develop and strengthen diverse international networks, particularly with diplomats, government officials and civil society groups
• Assist with the CHRI's periodic reports on the performance of Commonwealth countries at the UNHCR
• Organise consultations/events around CHRI's areas of focus
• Assist with CHRI's work with the Commonwealth, the United Nations Human Rights Council and other international bodies
• Represent CHRI at official meetings, as required
• Prepare work plan and report on progress
• Other tasks as necessary
• Minimum of 2-3 years' professional work experience
• Master's Degree in Law, International Relations, Political Science or a related field
• Very good research and analytical skills, and familiarity with web-based research.
• Exceptional ability to communicate in English, verbal and written
• Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
• Ability to network with a wide variety of actors
• Experience of working at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva
• Experience of working in a South-based human rights organization
Salary: Remuneration will be commensurate with knowledge and experience levels.
Interested candidates should apply with:
• current CV;
• a cover letter;
• two writing samples (no longer than four pages); and
• contact details of two referees.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: 15th January 2019
For further details, click here.