Job Vacancy at Common wealth Human Rights Initiative,Senior Programme Officer, Prisons Reforms Programme
The Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (CHRI) is an independent, non-partisan international human rights NGO based in New Delhi, India, has invited application for the recruitment in the following position:
Senior Programme Officer, Prisons Reforms (Delhi India)
The Senior Programme Officer will be performing the following tasks:
- Conceptualizing, designing, managing and monitoring CHRI’s research projects on pre trial detention.
- Designing and facilitating legal education programmes for lawyers, paralegal training of jail officials, prison inmates and civil society.
- Guiding and mentoring staff trainee lawyers.
- Preparing advocacy documents for agencies in the criminal justice system, the government and media
- Drafting petitions and memorandums.
- Programme monitoring.
- Documentation, internal and external reporting, coordination with programme partners.
- Representing CHRI as required at various levels.
a) Postgraduate or graduate degree in law.
b) 5-8 years experience of practice in court .
c) High levels of competence in legal research and analytical skills.
d) Excellent knowledge of fair trail procedures
e) High level of competence in articulation (verbal and writing) in English and Hindi.
f) Excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office and internet research.
g) Readiness to travel at short notice.
Type of Appointment and Duration
Contractual with a 6months probation period. The applicants are requested to apply only if they are willing to work for minimum 2 years.
Salary: Remuneration will be commensurate with knowledge and experience levels
The interested applicants may send their updated CV, a statement od interest , with a contact details of two referees and a writing sample to [email protected] by Sunday, February16,2014.
For further details Click here