K. K. Luthra Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2016
The K. K. Luthra Memorial Moot Court is held at the Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi (India) in the 3rd weekend of January every year. This year it will be held from the 15th to the 17th of January 2016.
Venue of the Competition
- Oral Rounds: Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi, Delhi (India)
- Semi Finals and Final: India Habitat Centre, New Delhi (India)
Eligibility: Members of the team must be valid UNDERGRADUATE students pursuing a recognized Bachelor of Law (or international equivalent) programme.
Only one team can register from a particular College or Law School for participation in the competition.
The teams will have to register themselves on by completing and submitting the Registration Form available on the website no later than 10.00pm IST on 31.10.2015. Upon successful completion of the Registration Form, the teams will receive an email from the Organizers within 07 (seven) days informing them of their successful Registration. In the event, this email is not received by the registered team; it may contemporaneously send an email with its registration details to [email protected].
Guidelines for Submission of Memorials
- Each team must submit the Memorial for the Applicant and the Respondent in PDF Format, no later than 9:00pm [Indian Standard Time] on 17.11.2015 to [email protected] The Organizers will not be responsible for the non-receipt of the soft copies of the memorials. Teams are requested to ensure that soft copies vide email are sent well in time and that the attachments can be viewed.
- Memorials submitted after 9:00pm [IST] on 17.11.2015 will incur a deduction of ½ mark for each day of delay, with the first deduction being made at 9:01pm [IST] on 17.11.2015. It is made clear that such deduction would be made from the cumulative memorial score only once.
- Memorials submitted after 9:00pm [Indian Standard Time] on 23.11.2015 shall not be accepted and the team shall stand disqualified.
- After the declaration of Memorial Results on 19.12.2015, the qualifying 60 teams shall be required to submit five hard copies each of the Memorial for the Appellant and the Respondent by 27.12.2015 to Prof. (Dr.) Usha Tandon, Professor-in-Charge, Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007.
- The teams shall mention their URN in the email by which the Memorials are sent to the Organizers. The names of the participants or their Colleges, Universities or Law Schools shall not be mentioned anywhere on the Email or the Memorial.
Formatting Guidelines for Memorial
- Memorials must be printed on A-4 paper with black ink and must be neatly bound. No plastic dividers should be used in the memorials.
- The font of the body of the Memorial must be Times New Roman, size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and the font-size of footnotes/endnotes, if any, must not be less than size 10. A uniform method of citation of authorities must be followed.
- Each page must have a margin of at least an inch on all sides.
- The Memorial should not exceed 25 typed pages (not including the Cover Page) and shall at least consist of the following parts :
Cover Page – [coloured blue for Applicant, and red for Respondent]
Table of Contents
Index of Authorities
- The Cover Page MUST contain:
- Team Code in the upper right-hand corner
- The year of the Competition
- The name of the Case
- The party for which the Written Submission has been prepared.
- Name of the forum resolving the dispute.
- There will be a deduction of 1.0 mark for each page exceeding the 25 page limit, and a deduction of 0.25 marks for each „objective‟ error, i.e., non-adherence to the rules set out hereinabove. This negative marking (along with the negative marking for delayed submission) shall be deducted once from the total memorial score obtained by a team.
- Last date for Registration of Teams and Team Details: 31.10.2015
- Last date for submission of soft copy (PDF) of the Memorials: 17.11.2015
- Declaration of Memorial Results on the website: 19.12.2015
- Last date for submission of hard copy of Memorial: 27.12.2015
Note: The Dates and timings are subject to change
Click here to download the rules and regulations
Click here to download the Schedule of the event
Click here to download the Moot Problem.
Click here for official website.