Indian Law Society, Pune is offering an online Certificate Programme on Law of Evidence for Civil and Criminal Trials.
This Programme will enable participants to understand and appreciate finer practical aspects of evidence, principles underlying these aspects, and use of these provisions and principles in pre-trial advice, pleadings, and trial proceedings.
Duration: 17th July to 20th August 2020; 16 sessions
Time and days: 4:00 PM to 6:00, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
Faculty: Lawyers and judges with background of trial litigation
For whom: Judges, advocates, police personnel, administrative officers, law teachers and students
Pre-requisite: Participants shall have basic understanding of Law of Evidence.
Fees: INR 5000
- Fundamental concepts & principles
- Pleadings & proof
- Facts, relevancy & admissibility
- Affidavits as examination-in-chief
- Admissions, confessions & dying declarations
- Admissibility of pretrial statements & documents in criminal trials
- Proof & standards of proof
- Examination of witnesses in civil & criminal proceedings
- Oral & documentary evidence
- Electronic evidence
- Presumptions & burden of proof
- Evidence in arbitration proceedings
Examination: Online examination (100 marks) at the end of the programme
Certification: Certificate on completion of programme with 75% attendance and minimum score of 50% marks in the online examination.
For further details, click here.
To register, click here.