Vaikunta Baliga College of Law (a unit of Dr. T. M. A. Pai Foundation, Manipal), is organizing a two-day International Seminar (Online) on the Changing Dynamics of International Law in the 21st Century.
Dates: 10th – 11th July 2020
- Emerging issues in prevention and mitigation of environmental harm
- Conservation of natural resources
- International norms on waste management
- Renewable energy and law
- Environment vis a vis trade
- Aviation Industry: Emerging legal challenges
- Transformation in carriers' liability regime
- Product liability in aviation
- Aviation security laws
- Legal regulation of space tourism
- Intellectual property rights in outer space
- Changing notions of responsibility and liability under space law
- Regulating private space activities
- Protecting space environment
- Exploitation of deep seabed resources: Legal regulation
- Delimiting maritime boundaries
- Marine pollution and legal regulation
- Dealing with land border disputes
- Terrorism in the new world order
- Legal regulation of nuclear weapons
- Developments in law of armed conflicts
- The role of WHO in dealing with pandemics
- Changing role of the United Nations
- Challenges before the WTO
Papers are invited from academicians, research scholars, advocates, activists and students across the country and abroad on the areas mentioned above or connected to them.
Abstract Submission Guidelines: The abstract should not exceed 300 words and must be accompanied by a cover page. The abstract shall be reviewed by the expert committee and the selected abstracts will be informed to the presenters within a week. The decision of the expert committee is final and binding. The abstracts should be submitted at email@example.com on or before 20.06.2020
- Last date for submission of abstract: 20.06.2020
- Confirmation of selected abstract: 24.06.2020
- Last date for submission of full paper: 5.07.2020
To register, click here.
The call for papers can be accessed here.