NCU Law School National Moot Court Competition (III Edition)
The North Cap University formerly ITM university has announced NCU Law College, National Moot Court Competition IIIrd Edition.
20th & 21stNovember, 2015
The Northcap University, Huda Sector 23a, Gurgaon- 122017, Haryana.
- Law schools/Colleges/ Institutes/ Universities, recognized by the Bar Council of India, are eligible to participate in the MCC. The participants should currently be pursuing their Bachelor’s degree in law i.e., Three Year or Five Year Law Courses. Students who have completed their law courses are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Only one team can register from a particular law school/College/ Institution/University to participate in the MCC.
- Only those members designated as Speakers will be permitted to put forth oral arguments in the Competition.
- The Participating team shall duly fill the Registration Form provided along with the official rules and send it along with a participation fee of Rs. 4,500/- (Rupees four thousand five hundred only) on or before 15 th October, 2015. The Registration fee shall be sent through Demand Draft drawn in favour of “THE NORTHCAP UNIVERSITY” payable at Gurgaon.
- Only 16 teams will be considered for participating in MCC & this will be done on first cum first serve basis. Next 3 teams will be kept on waiting list & participating teams will be confirmed about their participation by an email on 17 th October, 2015.
- The participants are required to submit two passport size photographs of each team member along with the registration form.
- Each team shall be allotted a Team Code along with the confirmation email on 17 th October, 2015. The Lots for the Preliminary rounds shall be drawn by the NCU Law School Moot Court Committee on 20th November, 2015 before inaugural
- The teams shall submit their written submissions by the team code allotted to them and “NOT” by their institution’s name.
GUIDELINES OF MEMORIAL:
- All participating teams shall submit 6 sets of written memorials.
- The cover page of memorials for the petitioner shall be in blue and of the respondent shall be in red.
- The teams shall not indicate their names or the names of their college or the university on memorials. For all communications purposes, the team code shall only be specified.
- The team code allotted to all teams shall be indicated at top right corner of the memorial, which will be communicated by way of E-mail.
- All participating teams must submit a soft copy of their memorial in PDF format, for both sides by 11:59 P.M. IST on or before November 15, 2015 by mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No memorial after this date shall be accepted in any case.
- Teams must also get the hard copies of the memorials (6 sets for the petitioner and respondent each) on November 19, 2015.
- The written memorials shall conform to the set standards:
- Teams have to prepare memorials for both the sides.
- All Memorials must be in English, and must be printed single side on A4 size sheets, with equal margins of at least 1 inch on all sides.
- The text font should be Times New Roman, size 12 for the main body, and Times New Roman, size 10 for the footnotes.
- The main body must be in 1.5 line spacing. The footnotes may be in single line spacing.
- Each Memorial shall not exceed 35 pages in all. Arguments shall not exceed 25 pages.
- Memorials shall not be plastic bound.
- The Memorial must contain all of, and only, the following parts:
- Cover page;
- Table of Contents
- Table of Abbreviations;
- Index of Authorities;
- Statement of Jurisdiction;
- Statement of Facts;
- Issues Raised;
- Summary of Arguments;
- Arguments Advanced/ Pleadings;
- Blue Book (19th Edn.) mode of citation must be followed.
- Each page must have a margin of at least an inch on all sides.
- Deadline for receiving Registration form by organisers - October 15, 2015
- Communication of confirmation to registered teams [First 16] - October 17, 2015
- Deadline for receiving questions seeking clarifications - October 20, 2015
- Release of clarifications, if any - October 25, 2015
- Deadline for submission of soft copy of memorials - November 15, 2015, 11:59PM
- Inaugural Ceremony, Draw of Lots and Exchange of Memorial November 20, 2015 8:30 AM Onwards
- Dress Code:
Participants are required to adhere to the following dress code during the competition:
- Ladies: White shirt, black trousers/skirts, black tie, black coat and black shoes.
- Gentlemen: White Shirt, black trousers, black tie along with black coat and black shoes.
- Strict adherence to the dress code is solicited. Failure will result in disqualification
The language of the Competition shall be English.
Teams shall not be allowed to observe the oral submissions of any other team. Scouting is strictly prohibited.
- Winning Team Award
- Runner up Team Award
- Best Speaker (Prelims/Quarters)
- Best Speaker (Semis/Finals)
- Best Researcher (On basis of a written researchers’ test)
- Best Memorial
- Online courses to all participants
DECISION OF THE JUDGES SHALL BE FINAL:
The decision of the judges with regard to the outcome of the rounds shall be final.
- Accommodation has been arranged for all teams by the Organizers from 12:00 Noon; November 19, 2015 to 12:00 Noon; November 22, 2015. Participants requiring accommodation arranged for by the organizers, please indicate the same in the space provided for in the Travel Details and Accommodation form.
- All questions seeking clarifications on the Moot Problem should be sent to email@example.com by October 20, 2015.
- More information about the University and the law school can be obtained from www.ncuindia.edu.
- The organizers reserve the discretion to amend these rules at any time prior to the inaugural of the MCC. In case of any discrepancy or doubts regarding the rules, the decision of the organizers shall be final.
Ms. Pallavi Bajpai
Asst. Prof. of Law
Mobile No: +91-8377088481
Moot Court Committee
Click here for Brochure.
Click here for registration form.
Click here for Moot Problem.