19 Nov 2020 4:02 PM GMT
Actor Akshay Kumar has served a defamation notice to a 25-year-old YouTuber Al Rashid Siddique for allegedly making "defamatory, libelous and derogatory" against him, linking him to the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput.In the said notice sent through law firm IC Legal on November 17, Akshay Kumar has sought an unconditional apology from Siddique and also removal of the said...
Actor Akshay Kumar has served a defamation notice to a 25-year-old YouTuber Al Rashid Siddique for allegedly making "defamatory, libelous and derogatory" against him, linking him to the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput.
In the said notice sent through law firm IC Legal on November 17, Akshay Kumar has sought an unconditional apology from Siddique and also removal of the said objectionable videos from his YouTube channel FF News.
The notice alleges that Kumar came across the allegedly defamatory videos on August 5 and he discovered some further videos later. It states-
"At the outset, our client states that the said videos are entirely and absolutely false, fallacious, frivolous, scandalous, derogatory and defamatory. The said videos and further said videos have been intentionally published with its sensational headlines/captions/video titles, to mislead the public and lower the esteem of our client amongst his fans and public in general. The said videos and said further videos are just a cheap publicity stunt with a motive to increase the traffic on the said YouTube channel. Our client is a reputed and successful personality in the Bollywood industry. In the said videos and said further videos, absolute make believe stories with no proof have been weaved with a malicious intent to jeopardize our client's image, character, reputation, career and fan following."
In the said videos, it is alleged that Akshay Kumar-
Helped Rhea Chakraborty abscond to Canada
He had "secret meetings" with Aaditya Thackeray members of the Mumbai Police and Commissioner of Police Mumbai to discuss the case of actor Sushant Singh Rajput and Rhea Chakraborty.
A diary of Sushant Singh Rajput has been discovered which states that Kumar wanted to play the role of MS Dhoni in the movie - "MS Dhoni, the Untold Story" and he was upset about the fact that Sushant Singh Rajput got the role.
The notice further states,
"It has also come to our client's attention that there are several other platforms making similar allegations and claims against our client and it is our client's belief that the said videos will instigate the spread of disinformation/fake news and mislead the public about ongoing police and judicial matters as well as our client.
Our client is indignant and absolutely outraged at the public embarrassment, discomfort and anxiety he had to face because of your false, scandalous and derogatory videos for no reason whatsoever. The said videos taken as a whole are completely defamatory, derogatory, libellous and scandalous has affected our client's reputation, good will and image."
Finally, "for the mental trauma, agony and loss of reputation and goodwill" damages of Rs 500 crores are sought by Akshay Kumar. Kumar has given 3 days time to Siddiqui to comply or else has warned of initiating appropriate legal proceedings against him.
Earlier this month, Siddique was granted anticipatory bail by a Sessions Court in a case registered against him for offences under Section 505(II), 500, 501, 504 of IPC for making allegations against minister Aditya Thackeray in relation to the Sushant Singh Rajput death case.
Click Here To Download Notice