The Delhi High Court has notified it's arrangement of hearing urgent matters during summer vacations, 2022 commencing from June 6 to July 1, 2022.
The arrangement is in the following terms:
- Justice Manoj Kumar Ohri and Justice Poonam A. Bamba: June 4 to June 10
- Justice Jyoti Singh and Justice Anoop Kumar Mendiratta: June 11 to June 17
- Justice Jasmeet Singh and Justice Dinesh Kumar Sharma: June 18 to June 24
- Justice Sanjeev Narula and Justice Neena Bansal Krishna: June 25 to July 1
The Judges will sit in Division Benches and also singly to hear urgent Civil and Criminal matters and such other matters as may be placed before them as per the schedule of dates given above.
The Judges will sit in Court on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and such other days as they may think fit at 10.30 A.M.
"The sitting may continue for the next succeeding day if matters fixed for any day are not finished on that day," the notification reads.
It adds "If one of the Hon'ble Judges is not available on any day for any unforeseen reason, the other Hon'b1e Judge may sit alone subject to the condition that the Hon'ble Judge shall not dismiss the Division Bench matters."
It also states the following:
- Limitaiton wi II not run during the vacation period for purposes of institution of Civil and Criminal cases.
- All plaints, appeals, petitions or other matters as may require to be immediately or promptly dealt with, can be filed with the Joint Registrar/Deputy Registrar on duty between 10.00 A.M. and 12 Noon on all days except Seconday Saturday, Fourth Saturday, Sundays and other holidays, if any.
- Suits, Appeals, Applications or' other proceedings, which are to be filed on the re-opening day, may also be instituted/preferred or made in regular course between 10.00 A.M. and 4.00 P.M. from Monday, the ~71h June, 2022 to Saturday, the 2nd July, 2022 as per convenience of the parties though for the purpose of limitation the Court re-opens only on 04.07.2022.