NLU Odisha: 3rd International Maritime Arbitration Moot
National Law University Odisha has announced the 3rd edition of the National Law University Odisha International Maritime Arbitration Moot, 2016 (NLUO IMAM). The Competition is scheduled to be held from 1st – 3rd April, 2016 at National Law University Odisha.
NLUO IMAM holds the distinction of being the first international maritime law moot in India with a special focus on international commercial arbitration, a subject specifically chosen not only to encourage intellectual discourse in this field but also to bring it in harmony with the activities and operations.
All law schools, faculties of law and other institutions offering a law-related degree program are eligible to participate in the Competition. Each participating institution may send only one Team to the Competition. All participants must be students of the LL.B. (or equivalent) program. Students pursuing their Master’s degree in law or any post- graduation degree in law are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
A Team can have a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members.
Last date for provisional registration is January 31, 2016 by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Final registrations will close on February 20, 2016.
The Teams are required to send a Demand Draft of Rs. 3000/- (Rupees Three Thousand only) drawn in favour of REGISTRAR, NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY ODISHA payable at CUTTACK, ODISHA.
IMPORTANT LIST OF DATES:
- 22nd January, 2016- Release of Moot Proposition
- 31st January, 2016- Last Date for Provisional Registration
- 10th February, 2016- Last Date for Team Registration by sending scanned copy of Registration Form and Demand Draft
- 14th February, 2016- Last Date to send request for Clarifications
- 20th February, 2016- Last Date for hard copy of Registration Form, Demand Draft & Travel Details
- 22nd February, 2016- Release of Clarifications
- 18th March, 2016- Last Date for Submission of Soft Copy of Memorials
- 1st -3rd April, 2016- Dates of 3rd NLUO IMAM, 2016
- The winner of the Final Round will be declared the “Best Team,” while the other finalist will be declared the “Second Best Team.” The Winning team shall be awarded a trophy and cash prize of ₹25,000/-, while the Runner-up team shall be awarded a trophy and cash prize of ₹15,000/-.
- The Team with the highest combined memorial score will be awarded the “Best Memorial” The Best Memorial shall be awarded a trophy and cash prize of ₹7,500/-
- The “Best Oralist” Award shall be determined on the basis of the cumulative points secured by a Speaker in the Preliminary Rounds. To be eligible for the said Award, a Speaker must have argued in both the Preliminary Rounds. The Best Advocate shall be awarded a trophy and cash prize of ₹5,000/-.
- ADHISH RAJVANSHI
[+91 80180 65929]
- PAVANI NAGARAJA BHAT
[+91 94375 04517]
- E-mail: email@example.com
Click here for further details.