Result of 24th MC Chagla Moot Court Competition, 2017
The 24th MC Chagla Moot Court Competition held at Government Law College, (GLC) Mumbai this week from 23rd to 24th September, 2017.
The national level moot court competition, instituted in the memory of former diplomat, Cabinet Minister and Chief Justice of Bombay High Court, Late Mr. MC Chagla, is hosted every year by GLC Mumbai in association with MC Chagla Memorial Trust. The moot is based purely on Constitutional Law and 16 teams qualify for the speaking rounds based on their memorial submission.
The Final Round held on 24th September at Indian Merchant Chambers, Churchgate at 5:30 p.m. and presided over by Hon’ble Mr. Justice B.R. Gavai, Hon’ble Mr. Justice M.S. Sonak and Hon’ble Justice Smt. B.H. Dangre of the Bombay High Court.
The following are the winners of the competition:
- Winner- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi, team comprising Suraj Kumar (Speaker 1), Payal Mishra (Speaker 2) Dhruvi Mehrotra (Researcher).
- Runner-Up- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WB NUJS), Kolkata team comprising Adya Jha, Tejas Popat, Jasel Mundhra and Md Faizan Jawe
- Best Memorial - Symbiosis Law School, Pune
- Best Speaker- Symbiosis Law School, Pune
- Best Researcher- Jasel Mundhra (Student of West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata