Seminar on The New World Order: How Major Leaders Are Impacting International Relations 2017
The Seminar on ‘The New World Order: How Major Leaders Are Impacting International Relations’, a student-led initiative is proposed to be held on the 13th and 14th of September, 2017 as a part of the Decennial celebrations of School of Law Christ University which shall be organised by the International Relations & Foreign Policy Committee.
Dates: 13th and 14th September, 2017
About the Committee:
The International Relations & Foreign Policy Committee is one among the many student led committees in SLCU. It believes in imparting an understanding of the complex arena of international relations to the students.
About the Seminar:
In light of this, the Seminar shall concentrate on six broad topics:
- United States of America under the leadership of Donald Trump –Withdrawal from major International Treaties, involvement in Middle East and Immigration Policy.
- China under the leadership of Xi Jinping –South China Sea dispute, recent developments in Trade, Military and involvement with North Korea.
- Russia under the leadership of Putin –Changes in Foreign Policy in context to recent developments like-Change in U.S.A. Presidency, situation in Syria, etc.
- India under the leadership of Narendra Modi- Strengthening of ties across the world and rebranding India’s image.
- United Kingdom: Comparative study of Foreign Policy under Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn in the light of Brexit.
- Contemporary Challenges to the world order-
- Environmental Protection
- Nuclear Deals
- Military Developments
Note: Any other sub-themes related to the theme of the conference will also be reviewed.
- Participants can submit a short abstract of 300-500 words by 24th August, 2017. Selected abstracts will be called upon for an opportunity to publish.
- Final submission of papers: by 5th September, 2017.
- Word limit for final paper: 5000- 6000 words.
- Paper submission is optional for participants.
- Register through the link given here.
- On Spot Registration will be accepted (Subject to availability).
- Students- 500 INR(Rupees Five Hundred)
- Academicians, Teachers ,Professionals- 1000 INR( Rupees One Thousand)
- Accommodation will be provided to the first 100 applicants.
- Joshua Moses (Convenor)
- Kunal Naik (Convenor)
For more details, click here.